Fishing comes to Wii

Rob Rymond

WiiChat Member
Jun 17, 2007
Solihull, U.K
[xfloat=left]http://www.wiichat.com/robry/fishingmaster.jpg[/xfloat]Nothing better than a nice hot day, spent by the riverside trying to catch a fish or two. Now wouldn't it be 10x better if a game was released where we could re-capture the fun from fishing eh?

Well that Japanese videogame company called Hudson in co-operation with Mr Konami have announced Fishing Master today. Now obviously thanks to the Wii remote and Nunchuck, the art of fishing can be one that the whole family can master from the off.

4player.jpgexploding_fish_screen_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg

You start off as an up-and-coming fisherman who is tasked by his grandfather to compete in tournaments and win the coveted Fishing Master title. Things start off fairly easy before getting increasingly hard as you progress through the tournaments. The game will feature a comprehensive single-player mode while also included is a four-player head-to-head mode which will no doubt get you into the full fishing spirit.

fishon.jpgkanto.jpg

We don't have any other details on the game yet however more will be unveiled next week at E3 and we'll bring you news then.

Attachments

• fishingshop.jpg
    fishingshop.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 385
haha, looks a bit kiddy, but i'll probably end up buying it.

Hm...too bad it doesn't include trolling...

Those screenshots almost look like they were on the Gameboy Advance. LOL

Looks like it's aimed at the younger crowd...but doesn't the Wii already have a good fishing game? Look like it will supply some competition.

EDIT:

wii_rapala_tournament_fishing_kansi.jpg

Good? Dude it got a 3 out of 10 from IGN and a 4.5 out of 10 from Gamespot.

I dont care if it looks kiddy, as long as you get a good fishing experience with good controls.

WiiBad said:
Wifi would be fun on a game like this. Fishing tournaments especially.

i couldn't see that being any more fun than playing by yourself. tournaments i could see, but you don't technically need wi-fi for that.

I agree, some wifi fishing tournaments would be pretty sweet, and hopefully the game turns out at least a bit better than rapala did.

are they going to release a more mature type of fishing game our is Rapala's game it? You know maybe some saltwater action for blue marline and such or BASS assoc. sponsored game. I would get Rapala's but ya'll say it sux....:sick:

It looks ok, but I am not much of a fan of fishing games. I may just end up buying it if it looks fun later on. :lol:

Back