fishing in crystal bearers

j1mb0x99

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2007
Ok, so I feel really dumb, but I cannot for the life of me figure out fishing in this game. Please help a nitwit out.

-JiM

**** NM, figured it out ****

Last edited:
Well since you allready figured it out maybe you can help me. I just need to know how good the game is before I buy it. :lol:

I kept pulling up whenever I felt anything. There are little fake bites that kept fooling me. You have to wait for it tell you on screen.

So far the game is fun, but nothing like a final fantasy game. It feels more like a zelda style game. The combat is a bit of a let down and there is no real spells or leveling. Also, there is a severe lack of itemization. You can equip a ring, an amulet, and earings. You can also put an emblem on your back, but I don't think it does anything.

It is still fun, but not what I expected. Actually, as I typed this message out I realized how much of a let down this game actually is. Rent it first.

-JiM

Not like Zelda

"So far the game is fun, but nothing like a final fantasy game. It feels more
like a zelda style game. "
Its NOTHING like a Zelda game. I really like the zelda games (except for Ocarina of time- which I have to admit is sort of like Crystal bearers in its repetitiveness) and I find Crystal Bearers very dull. The only semi-interesting part is that there are hidden areas if you look for them. You don't get any valid hints from the few people that can talk (only the moogle) and most people are only there to bump into you and steal your gold. You cant sell stuff, only buy and what the heck are the jacket emblems for? Layle is more like a 15 year old street kid than a fighter - in looks, manners, and speech. And a lot of us seasoned Final Fantasy, Zelda and Dragon Quest players are far past that stage of our lives - with no desire to go back. This game is all side-games with little or no core game. I like a good core-game with a few side games.

I'm almost finished with the Crystal Bearers, but I'm not sure I will ever finish it, as I am being totally frustrated by the lack of any kind of usable MAP in this game.
Graphics are great, story is nice, I even like it being linear, as it really has a nice story, but wandering around for hours searching for something is killing me

Back