Five Things That Need To Be Done in 2008

The friend code system is annoying, especially for each and every game. But i guess its sort of their security. Last thing i want is a wiibot spamming my wii with messages about junk.

Very good article.

The friend codes right now are a joke. I can't even explain how stupid they are, Nintendo really missed the target on that one... once again.

The friend code will be annoying for some time...
i understand the concept behind it... make a 12 digit code instead of just screen names that could be inapropriate for younger users.. cool...

but whats the point of that when you have to add your friend and they have to add you before you can even talk online? that feature alone would protect you from spammers and inapropriate content you didnt want comming in...
And ontop of it they make seperate codes for every online game... just a bad call..

but this is nintendos first time going at online in a big way so they are aloud these types of mistakes aslong as they work them out in the future....

wezeles said:
The friend code will be annoying for some time...
i understand the concept behind it... make a 12 digit code instead of just screen names that could be inapropriate for younger users.. cool...

but whats the point of that when you have to add your friend and they have to add you before you can even talk online? that feature alone would protect you from spammers and inapropriate content you didnt want comming in...
And ontop of it they make seperate codes for every online game... just a bad call..

but this is nintendos first time going at online in a big way so they are aloud these types of mistakes aslong as they work them out in the future....

You're completely right but don't get blinding by Nintendo. They've seen how other systems have handled the online mode, we can't just accept their mistakes and carry on! If Nintendo wants to be a leader in gaming than they better get their online act together. I don't care if its their first time, they should have done their bloody research.

That or fix the system they have in place... make it so you can add someone and all they have to do is accept the Add from you...

once you have someone added simplify the online games with an "Online Games Channel" where you can set all your prefferences, as well as who are you online friends you want to play with...

so when you go into a game instead of entering a code or even a ID every time, you just select your friends mii off a list to play them...

the mii is a cool user friendly idea, but they might as well use it in everything.

wezeles said:
That or fix the system they have in place... make it so you can add someone and all they have to do is accept the Add from you...

once you have someone added simplify the online games with an "Online Games Channel" where you can set all your prefferences, as well as who are you online friends you want to play with...

so when you go into a game instead of entering a code or even a ID every time, you just select your friends mii off a list to play them...

the mii is a cool user friendly idea, but they might as well use it in everything.

Exactly, hopefully one day this becomes reality.

Back