fix it now.

Dbomb3

wiiwii
Oct 2, 2007
San jose
Wii Online Code
6089-6603-3065-9651
Mmmmmk. I had the red rings of death, used the towel method, and it worked for about 20 minutes. THEN i tried to turn it in on and instead of it working, it..... it now had a complete reing of red lights! not the the normal 3 quarters, t was an actual, complete ring of lights. is there any ways to fix it cheap and at home. (warranty expired!) :mad5:

Just call 1-800-4MY-Xbox and they will send you a box to ship your console in for repairs/replacement.

The towel method is where you wrap your console in a towel and leave it on allowing for the console to over heat. In some cases people have mentioned that it works. However, it may not be a permanent thing.

the 4 red ring error means the audio/video cable isnt pluged in. check the cables and make sure they are firmly in the xbox 360

dont worry. if you get the 3 red rings, then the xbox is broke.
if the towel trick worked, then GREAT ... but the full ring of lights you got!

just means that the video cable is not connecting properly on the back of the console.(or one of the cables) just unplug everything, wait a few seconds, the plug everything back in, unless you have the 3 rings again, the xbox will work.

although if you are still getting the FULL ring, then it might be a problem with the connection on the inside of the xbox, but dont take my word ofr it, i am no professional.

-edit- darn me and my long posts, i would have beat mitch, but i wanted to talk a bunch ... **grumble grumble**

Dbomb3 said:
Mmmmmk. I had the red rings of death, used the towel method, and it worked for about 20 minutes. THEN i tried to turn it in on and instead of it working, it..... it now had a complete reing of red lights! not the the normal 3 quarters, t was an actual, complete ring of lights. is there any ways to fix it cheap and at home. (warranty expired!) :mad5:

Micro$oft extended the warranties to 3 years.

Also, that extra light indicates a hardware failure. You have almost no choice but to send it back to Micro$oft

Back