Flash player download??

bigdaddy44

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2007
Does anyone know how to download the "correct" version of Flash Player for Opera, so that when surfing the net with the Wii, you can access and play videos from sites like YouTube, for instance?? Any help would be appreciated.

You cannot download the latest flash for the Opera for the wii. I know that youtube works though.

Yeah that sucks, when you wanna watch good stuff you have to get the latest flash player but you can't download it on the Wii... But YouTube works fine, I never have problems with that..

I hope Nintendo make an update for the Internet Channel with an updated flash player, that would be awesome..

ya...I can only watch limited amounts of free movies online with the wii on my 30' Tv

It's up to Adobe to release a newer version of the Flash SDK for embedded browser developers. Opera and Nintendo's hands are tied.

Appreciate the help...

...but when I use Opera to go to YouTube - it tells me when I try to view video clips that I need to download the latest version of Flash player. Unfortunately (for me) Im not able to enjoy YouTube like some of you apparently are able to......and I'd like to.

bigdaddy44 said:
...but when I use Opera to go to YouTube - it tells me when I try to view video clips that I need to download the latest version of Flash player. Unfortunately (for me) Im not able to enjoy YouTube like some of you apparently are able to......and I'd like to.

I doubt this is anything to do with you using the Trial Version of the Internet Channel because that was able to play YouTube videos.. I presume you have the latest version of the Internet Channel.. And I think this is the same thing that happened to me once.. Every video I tried to watch just kept telling me to get the latest flash player. But this was just a pile of bull, I never needed a new flash update, my Wii just randomly kept telling me to get it for a few days.. And then finally it stopped.. So unless yours is only doing it for a short ammount of time then I'm afraid I don't know what your problem is. =/

Back