Flashing Black Bar at Top of Screen

Raij

Wiivern
Feb 26, 2007
I play my Wii on component cables made my Mad Catz. In several games I see a flashing black slightly translucent bar across the top of my screen. Sometimes it flashes for only a moment, but during certain situations (the Mii creation size/weight screen and the name screen for instance) it stays up there the entire time. If I switch to say eyes or mouth the black bar goes away. Another example, on Warioware the black bar only appears during the screens with the soft music that explains the wiimote instructions. Otherwise the game appears fine. It seems to happen more visibly with white backgrounds. Any ideas?

I will give that a shot this afternoon with the regular cables but I don't have another component TV, although I have never noticed a flashing bar on this tv set before. I also regularly play 360/ps3 on component cables with no problems

I probably wouldn't even worry about them if not for Legend of Zelda.

My 3rd party component cables work great!! got them on amazon.com

Wii-360 combo RULES!!!:cool:

Wiitendo said:
DONT USE MAD CATZ OH MY GOD! espically when theirs an offical one.

I went to EB and was told that "there are no official ones".

Then I went to a gamestop and was told that "the official ones are twice as much for the same results" (besides.. they didn't have any official ones in stock)

Considering how hard it is to find Wii accessories where I live, I believe I'll try to find some combo cables that can support my 360, ps3, and wii without having to swap anything around behind the tv.

Wiitendo said:
DONT USE MAD CATZ OH MY GOD! espically when theirs an offical one.

In general, a cable is a cable.
there is no circuitry in a component cable doing any work, just a copper wire going from point A to point B.

Yes, a cheap cable that is very thin may have quality issues, but they would show up as a fuzzy screen with analogue cables, not a intermittent black bar, and secondly, Madcatz cables are not abnormally thin cables.

Back