Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

For all of you that have given up on SSX or are about to...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by pnw13, Mar 11, 2007.

1. pnw13

pnw13 Liberal Bush Hater

DON'T!

For about a week I played the game about an hour or less a night. I couldn't open Peak 2, couldn't beat Slalom, had a hard time doing uber tricks.

You're right, there's a big learning curve.

Here's some advice:

- Look on YouTube if you're having trouble with the Slalom. It's simple! Just slow down before dropping off hills and tilt the nunchuk all the way when you need to turn left or right.

- Use A to jump.

- Uber tricks take practice. I find them very easy to pull of now. In one jump, I used four ubers. It was amazing. I recommend going to a halfpipe and practicing for a good 15 to 30 minutes.

Seriously, once you figure it out, this game is amazing. And Peak 3 is FAST. Scary fast. And just plain scary.

I hope this helps at least one person. The review for the game have been somewhat unfair... I'd give it a solid 9/10. There's just a learning curve.

:thumbsup:

2. Jorge

Jorge Television Consultant

Wii Friend Code: 0554-7647-3242-2709
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    I love the game. I have loved all the snowboarding games that have came out. All the way back to 1080. The Ubertricks are always going to be hard, but most of the time I try for one trick I will mess up and it will count for another trick. I can't seem to pull off the basic counter-clockwise Ubertrick.

3. Wii_Smurf

Wii_Smurf No.1 Smurf

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Nice advice. When I get SSX [UK Release in a couple of weeks now] I keep these tips in mind. Though using A for jump lowers the Gameplay so I'll stick to the normal way :) [I've seen the videos it looks sickens!]

4. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Seeker

Dude, the easiest solution to slalom and every control related issue with SSX lies within the control adjustments located in the options. You can tune your numnuck so that you'll be primarily turning with the joystick instead of the movement of the numchuck or vice versa. It's unbelievably easy to complete slalom, missing no flags and in record times if you tune the controls accordingly. Someone dropped that tip on here a while back and its worked for me ever since. Give it a shot if you haven't already.

5. ILoveWii

ILoveWii Proud Owner Of A Wii

Yeah SSX Blur is awesome!

6. Skorp

Skorp WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2652-0001-8231-6800
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    I tuned mine and then things got easy, but I missed the feel of having to tilt the remote so I changed it back. I can do the slalom now without the adjustment and its much more satisfying. I've done peak one without missing a flag and peak two missing only one flag.

As far as the thread goes, the games a bit frustrating at first, but I totally agree, stick with it and learn the controls and its such a blast. Peak 3 owns. :p

7. miiplaywii

miiplaywii WiiChat Member

I find the game pretty easy. I've put all the carving controls to tilt so theres no joystick except for pulling back. It works alot better than the NFS tilt, you don't have to have the nunchuck level.

8. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Seeker

To each their own..whatever works.

9. i0n

i0n :eek:

Thanks for this, i'll check back hopefully on friday if they send it out in time :)