For The Love Of ***

I Just Bought Kid Icarus And Kirby's Adventure Yesterday... They're Awesome!:cornut:

santascow said:
I weep for the future.

Now that's funny...sad but true...

All hope is not lost...my daughter sent me a txt message last night and she used all real words, punctuation, and didn't spell anything wrong.

Okay, I already contacted them 2 weeks ago when I heard about it and nothing back yet. No big deal, but some of you STILL think I dont know what I'm talking about. I have the collecters edition zelda and ALL of the original games from WAY back in the day. Oh, I've also beaten all of them and I'm pretty sure that makes me a TRUE Zelda fan. One more thing:

if u don leike da way i type den too baddo!(Sarcasm)

I'm pretty sure most of us don't care how we type as long as we can read it, and good for your daughter, I'm happy she can type perfectly, the rest of us don't have time to sit at a computer ALL DAY LONG and need to save some time here and there.........

-Marcus

Zanatos said:
Okay, I already contacted them 2 weeks ago when I heard about it and nothing back yet. No big deal, but some of you STILL think I dont know what I'm talking about. I have the collecters edition zelda and ALL of the original games from WAY back in the day. Oh, I've also beaten all of them and I'm pretty sure that makes me a TRUE Zelda fan. One more thing:

if u don leike da way i type den too baddo!(Sarcasm)

I'm pretty sure most of us don't care how we type as long as we can read it, and good for your daughter, I'm happy she can type perfectly, the rest of us don't have time to sit at a computer ALL DAY LONG and need to save some time here and there.........

-Marcus

Same here...I have all the Zeldas from the NES forward...still think Zelda 2 blows...

As for the typing, does it really take ALL DAY to type with punctuation, real words and proper spelling?

And I forgot to mention, my daughter is 7...guess she's just smarter than you...

hiredgoonz said:
Same here...I have all the Zeldas from the NES forward...still think Zelda 2 blows...

As for the typing, does it really take ALL DAY to type with punctuation, real words and proper spelling?

And I forgot to mention, my daughter is 7...guess she's just smarter than you...
I saw a news report the other day that grade school kids are using internet slang in their papers.

Internet, eh?

CrowTRobot said:
I saw a news report the other day that grade school kids are using internet slang in their papers.

Internet, eh?

I know I probably sound like one of those old "get off my lawn" types, but it really isn't that difficult to use some semblance of grammar, even when typing on the internet.

It really undermines what you're attempting to say when your posts look like this:

OMFG!1!!111 Oh noez111!!!! iamso733t111!!!!

Yeah either she's smarter than me, which is cool it really is, or she just knows how to use a spell check or has someone help her. Either way I don't really care you're going to have to suffer because you're not special enough to get everything you want:prrr:

Oh, and by the way,

Da Yeow dinks dat bad twy weeding dis!:eek:ut:

Don't complain about stupid shite, this forum board is not about you. Oh, and that's right, I just spelled the "S" word with an e on the end, look, does it bother you?:thumbsup: It's the old way to spell/pronounce it, not that you would know what that even means...........:D

By the way genious, you NEVER begin a sentence with "AND"; WHOOPS!!!:hand: Guess that makes your daughter smarter than both of us, but whatever, you just be sure to have a good one buddy....:p

-Marcus

Last edited:
I really don't care about the homeconsole Zeldas, I already have them on one Gamecube disk. I guess NOE never gave out that deal.

Zanatos said:
Yeah either she's smarter than me, which is cool it really is, or she just knows how to use a spell check or has someone help her. Either way I don't really care you're going to have to suffer because you're not special enough to get everything you want

Oh, and by the way,

Da Yeow dinks dat bad twy weeding dis!

Don't complain about stupid shite, this forum board is not about you. Oh, and that's right, I just spelled the "S" word with an e on the end, look, does it bother you? It's the old way to spell/pronounce it, not that you would know what that even means...........

By the way genious, you NEVER begin a sentence with "AND"; WHOOPS!!!:hand: Guess that makes your daughter smarter than both of us, but whatever, you just be sure to have a good one buddy....:p

-Marcus

It doesn't bother me that you appear to be functionally illiterate, I just find it sad that people are too lazy to put even a modicum of effort into putting their thoughts in print. The problem is that careless typing makes you appear to be less intelligent and less educated; in turn, whatever point you're trying to make is viewed as less valid.

It was a nice try with the weak ad hominem attack though. Not that it matters in the least who "wins" an internet argument, but if you're going to try and pick a topic of debate with me, I would recommend avoiding the topic of language. Seeing as I'm a linguist, that's kind of my area. :lol:

On the topic of complaining about stupid ****...I believe you were bitching about video game release schedules, so that's an interesting suggestion you've made. ;)

I wasn't trying to pick a fight with you and I'm not one of the grammar/spelling nazis that cry in vain for people to follow every single convention of proper English. However, as I've said, if you want people to take you seriously, it helps to compose legible sentences.

And actually, that's a "rule" that's spouted off by people who never learned anything past 6th grade English class. It's gramatically correct in a number of situations to begin a sentence with "and." You can even begin a sentence with "but," although there are far fewer occasions in which it is appropriate.

I'm having a great day actually...two days off with the kids because of the snow, played through Kid Icarus...it's been an awesome week. :thumbsup:

You seem upset...I was just giving you some ****...as they say arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, etc.

Zanatos said:
dude you REALLY dont get it do you? I have almost 20,000 wii points invested and plan to keep investing. What people like YOU don't understand is that I'm not kicking and screaming, I'm asking for an explanation. In other words here is a more appropriate question: "Why the **** is dk country and zelda 2 out in other countries and not the u.s.? AND when do they PLAN on releasing them?" Totally understandable if there IS no answer, like an "uhhhhh I dunno" would do just fine!;) Oh and by the way, zelda 2 rules! OLD SCHOOL FER LIFE!!! You would understand how cool it was if you were around to play it back in the day, and in NO way will kirby EVER be cooler than ANY zelda game!(except that crappy 3rd one for nes which SHOULDN'T have counted because it was made by another company);)

-Marcus

what's the point in spending that kind of money when the VC doesn't have much to offer anywhere?
I mean 50+ games isn't a lot for 5 systems.

games that i'm looking forward to

1. the legend of zelda: majora's mask (n64)
2. the legend of zelda: ocarina of time (n64)
3. zelda II: adventure of link (nes)
4. super mario bros. 3 (nes)
5. dr. mario (nes)
6. super mario kart (snes)
7. paper mario (n64)
8. donkey kong 64 (n64)
9. pokemon stadium 1&2 (n64)
10. dr. mario 64 (n64)

obviously, i am a huge zelda fan. the only reason i want these titles for the virtual console is because i'm a collector. when oot comes out, i'll have 6 copies of the game (each different virsions [3 n64s - gold, and 2 greys with slightly different virsions, 2 gcn, and hopefully 1 wii)]

i've never played some of the games i've listed, such as super mario kart and dr. mario 64.

oh, and i know that there may be licensing issues with donkey kong 64, but wasn't dkc rare? does that mean that certain rare games - such as dk64 and banjo kazooie - are possible candidates for release?

oh, sorry for the long post - got carried away =P

Wow, hiredgoonz you really are amazing aren't you? I mean come on, a grown man making fun of other people because of their grammer. No wonder your kids a genious you SPEC. in this kind of thing! You go ahead and stay on this topic and talk to yourself about how important pronounciation and BIG words are. I'm going to keep playing, posting, and having fun whether you like it or not!:thumbsup: To all you other people out there, sorry about you having to read any of this, and I hope to hear from you soon.

p.s. Hiredgoonz please do not reply to this message becuase I'm not posting back you're not worth my time.:)

Didn't start as making fun of anyone...started out as a suggestion that you might be taken more seriously if you put a little more effort into what you type...

Anyway, get the sand out of your vagina, man...

Take care :cornut:

Back