For the snowboarders amongst us....

Probably my funniest story is how I got started. My boss took a few of us out one night to the midnight run, and thus I can say that my boss got me started snowboarding. As if that weren't enough, my mom's boss is on Ski Patrol at the local ski area, and gave me comp passes a lot, therefore, my mom's boss helped keep me snowboarding (the woman is about 5' tall, over 50, and keeps her iPhone loaded full of death metal for wile she boards!)

web.jpg
This is the boss himself. He's wearing a tutu because we always tease him about riding a pink board (with girls bindings), so in the spirit of playing along, he wore a pink tutu out on the slopes.

web.jpg
most of our crew, I think there are two of our more frequent-goers who weren't there for the pic

web.jpg

That would be my board on the left (kick-ass board, btw)

Only been about three or four times in the past, but went on a trip with some friends over winter break, and my interest was instantly re-kindled. There's just something about taking a 15 minute ride up to the highest hill, looking down, visioning in your mind what you want to do, and just going for it, that gives you this indescribable feeling. It's just a shame that I don't get the chance to go as often as I'd like.

Ah yes I love to board. Being a "Vancouverite" I'm fortunate to live approximately three hours away from Whistler, BC. I'm also only about an hour and a half away from Grouse or Cypress Mountain. Oh and I too must admit that I have the same feeling as Prez when I'm on top of the mountain. It's so breath taking especially when you're overlooking the city (from Grouse) and or village (Whistler).

As for my gear, I own a Burton Air 57 Board. I also have Burton bindings and boots. However, I haven't gone boarding that much recently. Which, is mainly due to the fact that I'm trying to get my friends to tag along one time. After all, it's an amazing experience and I'm surprised that they have still managed to pass it up.

Last edited:
I started at least 10 years ago, and was just average. I took about 4 years off (because of college). Then I went once at Okemo Mountain, VT. Took me about 10 minutes to pick up where I left off so long ago. I do miss snowboarding... :sad:

I live in Utah. "The best snow on Earth." And there is a resort fifteen minutes from my house. Unfortunately I'm horrible at it. The last time I went it was really icy, and anyway, I came back with a big ass bruise on my forehead. :/

I'm not sure of the specifics of my board, but it's just a Kemper that I got really cheap...

EEEEWW Utah! I know a friend whos pretty good. Hes not as good as he thinks though lol. Falling and breaking your foot and spraining your ankle at the end of a hard slope is a real rep killer.

My Lamar bindings just broke, and I've had my Firefly for way too long. (I know Firefly=pathetic). Anyone have any suggestions for decent boards that don't cost a fortune? I'm looking at getting a K2 or something. And I usually go off jumps, and hit up half pipes so that might affect which kind of board I should get. At least my friend's Dad said so.

I like Whistler. Just relax up there although its a good boarding area so is Switzerland.

I live in Wales so we don't get much snow.. just, really cold crap weather.

I have got a snowboard, nothing impressive mind so when it does snow I try to make get up a mountain somewhere, but that doesn't happen often. If I did in somewhere like you guys I'd be doing it ALL the time. You guys are so lucky =]

Well, I have a pair of Rossignol skis, because skiing is better than snowboarding. I also have about 4 ski resorts within 30 minutes of my house, which is pretty nice. I need to get a season pass though, I've only been about 5-6 times this season, which is actually a record for me, but I'd like to go even more.

Paintballer, which resort do you live by?

I tried it and......well, I didnt like it...It hurt my standing up riding record was.....................................................................................................................................15seconds!!!!

Back