For those who have completed Zelda...

zarlain

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
Did anyone else have problems with the Hyrule Castle? It's easily the most difficult temple in the game as far as puzzles are concerned (as it should be since it's the last), and the only temple in which I have felt hopelessly stuck... in fact I still am as I type this. I'm trying my best to resist the urge to cheat off of a guide, but it's looking as if it's the only option... how long did it take you guys to finish?

Riviet said:
It was definitely tricky from my point of view, did you need some help with a chest or two?

Well ok, it really has only been one puzzle within the temple.. perhaps not a valid reason to criticize the whole temple... maybe you can help, i'm somewhat near the beginning in the room with the lantern oil... I have two torches to light, and it lifts two steps... although the is obviously another step to be raised in which i need to get across to the platform with the chest. I don't know what to do.

zarlain said:
Well ok, it really has only been one puzzle within the temple.. perhaps not a valid reason to criticize the whole temple... maybe you can help, i'm somewhat near the beginning in the room with the lantern oil... I have two torches to light, and it lifts two steps... although the is obviously another step to be raised in which i need to get across to the platform with the chest. I don't know what to do.
Ah I remember that part, got me stuck for a little while too. Ever thought about blowing out torches with the boomerang? ;)

Riviet said:
Ah I remember that part, got me stuck for a little while too. Ever thought about blowing out torches with the boomerang? ;)

You know, the thought to actually blow out a torch never occured to me, haha. Thanks!

The water temple took me the longest to sort out, but I didn't think any of the dungeons were that hard.

I wandered around the snowpeak ruins for a while stuck, but felt like an idiot when I figured it out, because what I needed to do was right in front of my face.

Overall the hardest part of the game was finding all the Poe souls. It's bad enough that you don't have control over making it light and dark, but then they go and hide a few in some very conspicuous places.

The Temple of Time was the most fun in my opinion. Nice mix of enemies, though the puzzles weren't very tough at all.

The Sky Palace was the most infuriating. It's the only one I had to leave a chest behind in because I couldn't figure out how to get to it. It must not have been that important though because I still ended up with all the heart pieces.

I completed everything, all bugs, all lures, all extra items, all Poe's, all side-quests, and beat the game in under 65 hours, and I DEFINITELY wasn't trying to do anything quickly. I farted around fishing and playing that silly Rollgoal game for hours.

Then ending was weird, the Zant cracking his neck thing, and killing Ganondorf confused me, but I'm sure some expansion pak or sequel will answer it eventually.

Overall the game was entertaining, though I often felt like I was playing an Ocarina of Time remake... that wasn't as good as the original.

More swords, more shields, more armor. That's what I'd like to see, and I'd like some of them to come from completing odd side quests. Big Goron Sword anyone?

Last edited:
i didnt find it hard i thought it was slightly tricky in certain places but what was ur fav temples mines was da yetis mansion and temple of time

I'm on the sky temples right now and it's been the most infuriating to me, nothing like getting 90% through a room, slipping up... falling to your doom and have to start the room over.

Temple of Time, most fun. The only part I got stuck on was finding the boss key,
I mean come on putting it on the ceiling of some random room.

The Water Temple wasn't that bad for me, but maybe I just got lucky. I as soon as I got to the water temple I just remembered the horrors that were Ocarina of Time's water temple, but it really wasn't that bad.

zarlain said:
Did anyone else have problems with the Hyrule Castle? It's easily the most difficult temple in the game as far as puzzles are concerned (as it should be since it's the last), and the only temple in which I have felt hopelessly stuck... in fact I still am as I type this. I'm trying my best to resist the urge to cheat off of a guide, but it's looking as if it's the only option... how long did it take you guys to finish?
I found all the bosses pretty easy. it only took me one shot at all of them except on the last boss ,ganondude, I killed him on the second go trying.

I must say I don't know what Link is thinking... I would much rather show Midna my "master sword" than Zelda..

Whos with me!

....it took me 55 hrs. to beat this game, is that normal, did it take anyone else this long to beat it, i feel my nerd powers slipping away......

I do think Midna was hotter than Zelda......:devil:

Back