For those who have played de Blob...

BeauZa

WiiChat Member
Jan 31, 2009
What is it like? How do you rate it?
Is it enjoyable? Replay value?
I want to buy/rent it, and I have heard a lot of great things about it via Metacritic and Gamespot and other game reviews.
I am still not convinced! I want to hear what YOU thought of it!
Thank you! ^^

It's a great game, similar in feel to classic Mario platformers (but in 3D). The learning curve is gentle (maybe a little too gentle) and if you get hooked then finishing the game is possible (I did!), but completing the game is a little harder. Every level has 10 awards to complete that are impossible to do all in one game .. .. .. so you need to replay every level at least once to get all the awards. Extra mini levels are unlocked from each main level that provide a specific time based challenge .. .. .. .. the music is great .. .. .. there is plenty of humour too.

The downsides are that there are no save points in a level. Finish or don't finish and that can take up to 90 mins :yikes:. Also, at times, the controls aren't perfect and the camera could have been a bit better programmed but they aren't major distractions from the game itself, just momentary annoyances.

The metacritic score is about right .. .. .. .. it's a very good game but there's room to improve when they release de Blob 2. I liked it, I still like it and I'd recommend it.

Its a great game ,but Captainff hit on all my problems with the game. The only thing isn't I wouldn't go with a classic Mario Bros reference ,but maybe Jet Grind Radio with a more Mario platforming aspect.

It starts easy ,but trust me it gets harder.

It's very well worth the purchase. I kind of think of it as a Katamari (If you know what game series that is) like game, the way you jump on buildings or just touch them to make them a certain color. It's great fun, but as Captainff said, it does take a bit of time to finish levels. And the camera isn't all of that of an annoyance to me.

It's one of my favorite Wii games. So yes, it's worth a buy. Enjoy it!

Same as what the others say, it's a great game, but be prepared to spend some time on later levels due to the inadequate saving.

Its a very great game. it's a mix of 3d platforming and katamari. the overall package is great. Good story, fun cinematic, enjoyable gameplay. It's very addictive, it's hard to stop playing.

Negative side: camera angle sometimes and mainly the lack of savepoints inside a level. This is the only thing I hate about the game.

Back