found a red steel interview

Q-A multiplayer is announced but only few details are known about it. What can we expect? Will it be online or only offline playable?
A -We don’t have any online multiplayer through one main reason. Mainly, because Nintendo didn’t communicate the online part of Wii at the moment.

Q-WiiConnect24 is an interesting service. Will you use it in Red Steel, and if so, in which way?
A-No.

:mad5:

D Twizzle said:
Q-A multiplayer is announced but only few details are known about it. What can we expect? Will it be online or only offline playable?
A -We don’t have any online multiplayer through one main reason. Mainly, because Nintendo didn’t communicate the online part of Wii at the moment.

Q-WiiConnect24 is an interesting service. Will you use it in Red Steel, and if so, in which way?
A-No.

:mad5:

"At the moment" imo does mean that they want to add an online component! Good news! Because in January when third party developers get the online stuff, Ubi will be able to patch it up and add a multiplayer component, that is if they use Connect24. I hope they change their mind about 24

--

This also answers another question that i had: I thought red steel meant the blade of a sword with blood on it. Instead:

The name Red Steel doesn’t come from blood thing. Red Steel is the idea when you are a smith and your are smitting a weapon, the steel is red and you need to forge it the way you want it. That is the idea of Red Steel. At the beginning the player is a raw material and you need to masterize, you need to be forged in the right way.

Really interesting.

Last edited:
COLDshiver said:
"At the moment" imo does mean that they want to add an online component! Good news! Because in January when third party developers get the online stuff, Ubi will be able to patch it up and add a multiplayer component, that is if they use Connect24. I hope they change their mind about 24

--

This also answers another question that i had: I thought red steel meant the blade of a sword with blood on it. Instead:

Really interesting.

they probably mean at the moment they started workin on the game....

Thanks for this!!!

Back