FPS Games on Consoles

infernocs

WiiChat Member
Aug 23, 2006
So what do you think about console FPS gaming?
Personally I think that up til now there has been no real FPS gaming on consoles, using a joypad for FPS is just total crap, moving and aiming is way too slow and unaccurate, well now we have the Wii coming up with some serious competition for the mouse / keyb controls and I think that if the wiimote targeting is fast enough we might have a new era of FPS coming.
Personally I'd want nintendo to skip the analog stick/nunchuc attachment for FPS and create a controller that would integrate digital movement keys for the left hand, In FPS, analog sticks are too slow and I think that using the + keys on the same hand that you use for targeting might bee too much to handle on one hand.

i think racing would be cool but im not sure about fps.... i rented some fps on the ps2 and played some on the 360 and they werent that great, like infernocs said it is a hassle to turn around ( maybe cuz i play WoW and its easy to turn around and manuever in there lol) but yeah WASD!!!!

infernocs said:
Personally I'd want nintendo to skip the analog stick/nunchuc attachment for FPS and create a controller that would integrate digital movement keys for the left hand, In FPS, analog sticks are too slow and I think that using the + keys on the same hand that you use for targeting might bee too much to handle on one hand.
its called the blaster attachment :smilewinkgrin:
e3-2006-light-gun-shell-revealed-20060510113630447-000.jpg

Icetrash said:
whats FSP? By the sound of it its a racing game but whats the title called.

FPS F.P.S not FSP and FPS means FirstPersonShooter

Mitch2025 said:
its called the blaster attachment :smilewinkgrin:
e3-2006-light-gun-shell-revealed-20060510113630447-000.jpg

I was talking about a left-hand controller for movment, don't really care about that stupid looking attachment, It's way too big to be used with one hand in FPS games and I can't see how you would control movment with that thing.

it has the joystick built onto it so you can use that for movement. also how is it too big? its smaller than the average light gun and only a little bigger than the wiimote

komio said:
i think racing would be cool but im not sure about fps.... i rented some fps on the ps2 and played some on the 360 and they werent that great, like infernocs said it is a hassle to turn around ( maybe cuz i play WoW and its easy to turn around and manuever in there lol) but yeah WASD!!!!
yeh, but FPS will pwn on the wii. look at red steel, the wiimote is your hand.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsQFYceNZS8[/MEDIA]
this is doug the unbeatable fps guy no one can beat him and he would own on the wii

is it me or does that blaster gun have a wii mote inside it. look at the top of it that sticks out (where the bullet come out). I just thought it was a gun that had motion sensing on it i didnt know you put the controller in it.

a shell? its has buttons on and it curves at the back of the controller (see the one next to it in pic) by the way what did u mean by shell?

a shell is a plastic holder that holds controllers like the wiimote and the numchuk and make them look like eg a gun the buttons you see is the wiimote and the numchuk's buttons

Back