Fps go down the drain on the wii

They have to abvertise atleast a few which mean that there isn't any coming.
Lets say that two random fps's come out and metriod comes out. Thats three games thats three games is nothing

You know, games don't grow on trees. They start with an idea and has to go through a rigorous process before they decide to make it.

Do you really expect THREE first person shooters to come out in a period of 12 months. If you do then you are dense. There will be more than 3 fps games for the wii in the next year. Saying otherwise is stupidity. Honestly.

"wii can't have good FPS... wii is for mario, zelda, metroid prime. Nothing more nothing less."

Does anyone else see a problem here. I see a couple. One, metroid prime is an FPS. Two, Are you saying that the wii is not for anything but those three games? Because I kinda think that excite truck is pretty fun, and I even like wii sports!

COLDshiver said:
You know, games don't grow on trees. They start with an idea and has to go through a rigorous process before they decide to make it.
so they should have atleast a game started because if they dont have a idea yet then they didn't start working on it which means we wont get an fps for another 2 years:scared: (besides metroid)

Yes, i know that u need separation and all of us need separation.
but it's nintendo we r talking about. they never have separation and that's the Cons. about wii.

For example, if u get xbox360 or ps3, they got huge variety of separation but then the bad thing is they are missing mario, zelda, metroid prime. These 3 games are the best that can stand by themselves without the separation.
That's where nintendo's strength come from.
and that's exactly why most people buy wii for the second choice.
either xbox360 + wii or ps3 + wii is what most ppl were thinking when they had to make a choice. but wii never came for their first choice due to lack of separation.

DarkDepths said:
Do you really expect THREE first person shooters to come out in a period of 12 months. If you do then you are dense. There will be more than 3 fps games for the wii in the next year. Saying otherwise is stupidity. Honestly.

"wii can't have good FPS... wii is for mario, zelda, metroid prime. Nothing more nothing less."

Does anyone else see a problem here. I see a couple. One, metroid prime is an FPS. Two, Are you saying that the wii is not for anything but those three games? Because I kinda think that excite truck is pretty fun, and I even like wii sports!
As i said i got the wii for the zelda,brawl and mario games(nintendo classics) and i didn't get it for the fps but you need variations in your games. and no i not saying the wii is for those three games. I have played excite truck too it's a ton of fun and i plan on buying it but you need variations in your games

Last edited:
There, I can at least agree with that. Alot of people buy Nintendo systems because of those specific games. But I'll tell ya, it wasn't any of those that turned me onto the Wii, it was actually simply the potential it has. The fact that developers could do so much, and I want to be apart of that when it happens!

FarCry was a GEAT game! COD3 was a GREAT game!
I'm thinkin FPSs on the Wii are doing all right

Joe said:
FarCry was a GEAT game! COD3 was a GREAT game!
I'm thinkin FPSs on the Wii are doing all right
except those two are inferior to xbox360 version.
we can't expect something on wii to be better than other console.
the only way for wii to succeed is depending on mario, zelda, metroid.

JoonKimDDS said:
Yes, i know that u need separation and all of us need separation.
but it's nintendo we r talking about. they never have separation and that's the Cons. about wii.

For example, if u get xbox360 or ps3, they got huge variety of separation but then the bad thing is they are missing mario, zelda, metroid prime. These 3 games are the best that can stand by themselves without the separation.
That's where nintendo's strength come from.
and that's exactly why most people buy wii for the second choice.
either xbox360 + wii or ps3 + wii is what most ppl were thinking when they had to make a choice. but wii never came for their first choice due to lack of separation.
i dont plan to spend anymore cash on a system and i still like the nintendo games but maybe they could make a game were mario and link and a few other characters have uzis and they shoot each other:cornut: . but i want most of my games nintendo classic related but as u know u need something different

Last edited:
I think the Wii is the best console for FPSes, even though the current games are sub-par (I still love CoD3, but it could be better, and I'm sure it will be). I abhor the dual-stick FPSes of PS2, PS3, and 360. How could you possibly say that moving a joystick around is better than moving your actual hand...like a gun? Don't get me wrong - Halo is fun and all, but I think the potential for FPS on the Wii is great.

And what's with the debate over the FPSes coming out next year? We don't know how many there are - but there probably will be a lot that we don't know about.

so they should have atleast a game started because if they dont have a idea yet then they didn't start working on it which means we wont get an fps for another 2 years

They could've started it and just not told anyone. It wasn't long ago that we found out about the next Wii Zelda, and it's been in development in over a year! (plus, it's a huge title) They could easily be planning (and making) several different FPSes. Just because you haven't seen commercials (or heard announcements) doesn't mean anything at all.

I, for one, think the Wii will bring console FPSes much closer to computer FPSes, which is a very very very good thing.

JoonKimDDS said:
except those two are inferior to xbox360 version.
we can't expect something on wii to be better than other console.
the only way for wii to succeed is depending on mario, zelda, metroid.
i know, i dont think that they are are better than the wii version but u just need a shooter that is decent and is partially worth playing that wont make u:cryin: at the sight of it. i like the zelda, mario, brawl games though so dont think that i hate any game made by nintendo. i just need atleast one decent one that will last that has multiplayer that has good controls. i probably wont play it much because i would be playing zelda but u just need 1

tonyr1988 said:
I think the Wii is the best console for FPSes, even though the current games are sub-par (I still love CoD3, but it could be better, and I'm sure it will be). I abhor the dual-stick FPSes of PS2, PS3, and 360. How could you possibly say that moving a joystick around is better than moving your actual hand...like a gun? Don't get me wrong - Halo is fun and all, but I think the potential for FPS on the Wii is great.

And what's with the debate over the FPSes coming out next year? We don't know how many there are - but there probably will be a lot that we don't know about.

They could've started it and just not told anyone. It wasn't long ago that we found out about the next Wii Zelda, and it's been in development in over a year! (plus, it's a huge title) They could easily be planning (and making) several different FPSes. Just because you haven't seen commercials (or heard announcements) doesn't mean anything at all.

I, for one, think the Wii will bring console FPSes much closer to computer FPSes, which is a very very very good thing.
if u dont hear about one then it wont be coming out soon. i mean (take the upcoming wii zelda for example) that if they take a year of work already then they still have a lot to do because games take like 2-4 years to make

nintendo = no variation, don't even dream about it :D
that's the only reason nintendo can't be the 1st but 2nd.(fortunately, not third)

if nintendo had variation, it would've crushed xbox360 and ps3 already.

Saying nintendo with variation is saying like xbox360 and ps3 are dead.

Back