FPS Gun.

The idea abuot having two wiimotes is what I was thinking about recently, even though it would literally get rid of your ability to move around with the nunchuck, they could have some sort of game like Mario Kart Double Dash, where all one player would need is to look around while the other moves

and that gun, looks terrible. I can't imagine using one hand to control a FPS.

AndrewRocksSox said:
The idea abuot having two wiimotes is what I was thinking about recently, even though it would literally get rid of your ability to move around with the nunchuck

Not true, if you use that wrist brace (the prototype) that straps the wiimote to each forearm, that leaves both hands free for nunchuks. :p

See..
wiipowerglove.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, well that totally disproves my idea haha
and I don't think its anyhting on the gun would feel natural, its like pc games, in a FPS [or any game for a pc] you immiediatly go to WASD, which is always stationary and you move the mouse around...which would be weird on a gun since you would be moving the whole unit instead of having a stationary part and another you move around.

AL-GoRE said:
I am a PC gamer and i cant see the wii mote overtaking the mouse tbh ( just my opinion ) but wii sports is class...

Point Blank is a must for the wii.

AL-GoRE
The mouse is the slowest form of input, the wiimote is sooooo much faster.

I personally think K/M controls are much more EFFECTIVE for FPS - however, I sure am having fun with Red Steel and COD3 on the wiimote. So which is more important? Depends on why you play, I suppose.

On topic - I am working on a pistol grip that attaches just behind the trigger on the wii remote, so it can be held and shot like a real gun. I don't like the zapper one at all.

I made one out of soft materials just as a proof of concept, and it worked pretty well. Now I need to decide on the real material. Next time I'm at my dad's I'm going to bug him to check out his pistol grips and see if I can't snag one that may work for what I want, without having to mess around too much.

Yea topic is about the zapper / KM not the nunchuck-wiimote combo / KM. A lot of CS players I see posted. I've played CS since 1.5 so I'm really comfortable with the KM but you look at games like the Halo Series and SSMB: Melee and that took things to a different level. Thats an awesome concept model Zaose. If you can get pics I'd like to see them. Zapper is a nice idea and I like how you've tried to work with it. I haven't played COD3 yet but from what I've heard moving and shooting takes a while to learn and doesn't really have a natural feel. Zapper-mod you have going sounds interesting.

i think that version of the zapper would be an insane controller for like a tactical sniper type game where you hold the zapper with both hands and aim like a real sharp shooter and at the moment the zapper is still a prototype and will be looking alot sharper sooner or later.
just think back to when time crisis first came out for the ps1 and you got one of those crappy plug in namco guns, it felt so real and now imagine the wii mote bieng used! the possibilities are endless!

If nintendo have already created the perfect console what is to say that they wont create the perfect fps controller? think about it!

Jono said:
i think that version of the zapper would be an insane controller for like a tactical sniper type game where you hold the zapper with both hands and aim like a real sharp shooter and at the moment the zapper is still a prototype and will be looking alot sharper sooner or later.
just think back to when time crisis first came out for the ps1 and you got one of those crappy plug in namco guns, it felt so real and now imagine the wii mote bieng used! the possibilities are endless!

If nintendo have already created the perfect console what is to say that they wont create the perfect fps controller? think about it!
no there is a end some where

Back