Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FPS Schematic Idea

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by Jayman, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Jayman

Jayman hagakure

Wii Friend Code: 8917-6501-7332-1191
    8917-6501-7332-1191
    First of, Red Steel is a great game yet it could've been "da bomb," if they tweaked it out. Apparently, it seemed that the game was rushed. But I won't belly ache about it, up until now, I don't want to play it because i'd be playing it for hours... :wtf:

Anyway, some ideas that I want to point out of what could be a "kick-ass" FPS.

CONTROLS:
    - Anyone who has played Red Steel could agree that you can't help but to extend and suspend your arm in mid-air. That said, eventually your arm get tired and you'd drop it waist level and it doesn't seem to be a good experience.
    So this is my idea on how to reduce that:
    * There will be two positions: Rest/Reload Mode and Gun Mode
    * Rest/Reload Mode is activated when you retract the wii-mote towards you.
    * In Rest/Reload Mode, the gun is holstered and the pointer could acts like a hand to grab items or to scan for items...
    * In Rest/Reload Mode, well, you rest your arms. Put it next to your waist or what not...
    * Gun Mode is activated when you jab the wii-mote forward.
    * In Gun Mode, you take out your gun and blast people away.

- A Button acts as the “Precision Aiming”

- B Button acts as, guess what, the “Trigger” and in Rest Mode as “Grab”

- The Nunchuk Controller acts like a blunt sidearm weapon. What angle you swing it is the angle translated to the game. Thrust it forward would translate as a, you know, "forward thrust."

- The Nunchuk Controller becomes a grenade or throwable item when the C button is held. Do a throwing motion and let go by releasing the C Button. You could also throw random items that can be picked up by activating “Rest Mode” and grabbing an item with the wii-mote.

- The Nunchuk Controller becomes “positioning” when the Z button is held. The positioning has 3 degrees: Crouch, Stand and Jump. While the Z button is held, flick the Nunchuk down to go down a degree. Flick it up to go up a degree.

For a game concept, I don't know... Tell me what you think about the schematics; too hard, too complicate, sounds right?

2. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

or you could just stop playing the game like a normal person and take a break...not having to rest ON the game.

3. Jayman

Jayman hagakure

Wii Friend Code: 8917-6501-7332-1191
    8917-6501-7332-1191
    TAKE A BREAK??? :yikes:

...sounds like a good idea.

4. Gymdawg

Gymdawg ~I Spy Hypocricy~

Wii Friend Code: 5981-2669-3238-7379
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    My only qualm is with the aiming: the whole screen-box thing really irritates this PC gamer. As soon as developers figure out to just have the crosshair float in the center like a traditional PC shooter, I'll be happy.

5. registerednerd

registerednerd Wii online moderator

It took me a while to get the hang of the aiming system. The only real trick to it is once you start turning, stop moving your right hand or you'll have a really hard time stopping turning.