Fps?

Maximo said:
Nintendo knows how to make FPS games let alone non childish ones look at Giest on Gamecube ,and Elebits wasn't a Nintendo made game it was done by Konami.
I know Nintendo has the ability, and that Elebits wasn't made by Nintendo. My point was, if you look at Nintendo's general direction and style, it's more "Elebits" than "Giest".

I personally like the Wii because it's the only system this gen that is at least trying to have an even mix of genres. You don't get over saturated with shooters ,and racers like you do on 360 (although i do like my 360) ,and ps3. Wouldn't you rather just have a few shooters here and there that are decent rather than 1 or 2 medicore ones every few months.

Ghost Squad is out for 30 bucks. It's an on-rails shooter, but it's the first wii game to use aim calibration.

Basically, you shoot the corners of the tv so the game knows how big your tv is, and where you point is where you shoot :) you can even turn the cursor off for more points

I know FPSs are not the big N's forte but it is among numerous third parties. I'm hoping they start producing some soon. And, no, I'm not looking forwarded to COD5. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is rumored to come to the Wii and so is Black but even if those do come to the Wii, we're probably talking a long time off.

i'm desperate for ANY online shooter that doesn't involve an m1 garand.

(sigh)

Maximo said:
I personally like the Wii because it's the only system this gen that is at least trying to have an even mix of genres. You don't get over saturated with shooters ,and racers like you do on 360 (although i do like my 360) ,and ps3. Wouldn't you rather just have a few shooters here and there that are decent rather than 1 or 2 medicore ones every few months.

Another good point, I wouldn't be bothered at all by a few good shooters here and there, but right now all we have really had is MOH:H2 and MP3, and MP3 had no online, which in my opinion was just sad, especially after playing online with hunters on the DS, that was a great if you ask me, hell I still play that. The Wii does offer a better variety than any other console, so maybe I am just being picky :)

idk what the big fuss was over mp3. like elron said, it disappointed me with no multiplayer support at all, and it only took me roughly 2 weeks to beat (around 2 hours a day).

sure it's a pretty looking game (for the wii), but it just doesn't cut it imo.

ok cod5 (developed by treyarch the same guys who made cod3. i think itll suck)
brothers in arms (i dont see any online in it because its supposed to be very realistic and has no crosshairs)
black and rainbow six 2 rumoured to come to wii.
red steel 2 i am hopeful. (16 player online and some sort of coop rumoured)

Since when is Black rumored to be coming to Wii.....I'd love that

I cant wait for Red Steel 2 I was one of the few that enjoyed the original

AoWFraggit said:
i'm desperate for ANY online shooter that doesn't involve an m1 garand.

(sigh)

+1

id be happy with a UT or Quake port. the controls are so tight for FPS.. im sick of unloading an entire clip into the back of someones head only to have them turn around and kill me with one shotgun blast, i think thats why im not fond of ww2 style FPS.

vashivihan said:
ok cod5 (developed by treyarch the same guys who made cod3. i think itll suck)
brothers in arms (i dont see any online in it because its supposed to be very realistic and has no crosshairs)
black and rainbow six 2 rumoured to come to wii.
red steel 2 i am hopeful. (16 player online and some sort of coop rumoured)

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 was on PC, PS2 and Xbox and all had online support. They don't have crosshairs because you are supposed to aim by looking down the sights. Most games where you aim down the sights make your shots alot less accurate when you dont, unlike MoH:H2 which does not change anything(atleast from what I can tell). Which btw, I duno if thats entirely true, ive seen footage with crosshairs.

But with the Wii controls (aiming like a gun) its gonna be really wierd. Wii-mote just doesn't feel as good as I thought it would with FPS. Feels like they should only make rail shooters and 3rd person shooters because it controls ALOT better. Think of a gears of war style shooter on the Wii, I think that would work nicely.

Then again maybe not... it gets really annoying having to keep the aim at the middle to keep the camera from looking the wrong direction or getting jumpy.

Back