Freeloader Wii Version in Development

does this also mean we can play usa games on uk european wiis

Only thing that concerns me is the whole Wiiconnect24, possible updates rendering it useless.

stu said:
does this also mean we can play usa games on uk european wiis
yeah it means u will be able to play usa games on a european

Hello,

I'm new in this forum and started to collect information about the wii. I'm just in america for one year and i think about buying a wii here and taking it home (to germany) but i read, that the wii (or the games) is not region free and this freeloader would solve my problem, wouldn't it. i mean if i buy a wii here and take it home and then i can play european games on my american wii, right? how does this work? that would be really awesome.
thanks in advance

mAcom

Wait so will this be downloadable or will only people with new Wii's be able to play Japanese games??

JerrodDRagon said:
Wait so will this be downloadable or will only people with new Wii's be able to play Japanese games??

No its basically a CD that has some programming code on it.

Basically it works like this.

You put the cd in the Wii and after a few seconds the freeloader will load up and then ask you to put in the game with a different region code, so you popout the freeloader and put in the game without restarted the system and it will load the game up fine.

The only thing I'm worried about is Nintendo releasing an update that would disable the freeloader should there ever be one that comes out (and yes there will be one that comes out)

oh so this is unoffical. Well I hope they dont seeing how its Stupid that I cant get Bleach for the Wii becuase for some reason its only coming out in Japan.

JerrodDRagon said:
oh so this is unoffical. Well I hope they dont seeing how its Stupid that I cant get Bleach for the Wii becuase for some reason its only coming out in Japan.

Ah another Bleach fan. :D

Yeah, I'd like to get it too. I love bleach I just watched Ep 107 last wednesday night. :D. Anyways thats why I was thinking of getting a freeloader too, for Bleach.

I know within the last year they released SO MANY Bleach games in Japan, its nuts.

Yeah from what I've heard form a couple forums is the one game they wished came out in the US for the Wii was Bleach. And I did to but i understand that it is just being dubbed so I guess thats the main reason why it was not made for the US and also the fact that Bleach Dub Fans would have no clue who half of the Characters were.

Back