Freeloader

Yay I don't have to consider modding the Wii :x

There is another article on this application warning that Nintendo will probably do an update to block this program. Just a heads up for those that are interested in trying it.

Nintendo Blocked this feature long time ago. From update 3.0 on August 6, 2007

* Corrected some stability issues when using the LAN adapter and added AOSS networking support[5]
* Certain modchips and other devices no longer work (such as the FreeLoader boot disc from Datel)
* Wii Shop Channel updated
* Altered the Wii Menu design to include a digital clock with the current time[6]
* The area around the Wii Message Board button will now flash when a new message arrives[7]

* Wii Message Board:
o You're now able to rearrange the order of your Wii Friends in the address book
o You're now able to go into the Wii Friends registration screen by pressing the A Button on blank spot in the address book
o Envelope message icons will now appear on the calendar only on the dates when a message is received
o Your message sending history will now be displayed in Today's Accomplishments
o You can now scroll the message text by pressing the B button on the message screen[8]

Check it out. So it actually makes no sense. For real if you want to play imported games you would have to mod your wii.
And if this freeloader is to work...They will shortly block it too.

I remember when the Wii first came out and you could use the Gamecube Game Glitch to play foreign Wii games

Eddy04 said:

* Corrected some stability issues when using the LAN adapter and added AOSS networking support[5]
* Certain modchips and other devices no longer work (such as the FreeLoader boot disc from Datel)

Eddy, where you find that from?

I'm not interested in it.. but my Brawl addict of a lover boy is.. so, it's not going to work, y/n?

Eddy04 said:

That's the one made for the gamecube years ago here, they have just made a new one for the wii that does work (for the time being) here .They might update it in the future to stop it from loading but you could always just look at what the update does in advance and not download it.

and for £10 you can't go wrong

The gamecube one was blocked in an update and this one will be blocked in an update.

The wii may receive an update blocking it within days.

no1cubehead said:
That's the one made for the gamecube years ago here, they have just made a new one for the wii that does work (for the time being) here .They might update it in the future to stop it from loading but you could always just look at what the update does in advance and not download it.

and for £10 you can't go wrong
But don't some games come with an update on them, meaning you buy a new release game and it updates automatically?

Back