French Wii

Richard58

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2007
I have obtained a Wii console from France(sister lives there) to use in the UK I have been told by a retailer it will not work properly in the UK as there will be issues with downloads Wi Fi broadband and even cordless phones and also uk games will or may foul up
Can anyone confirm this
Thanks Rich

I don't know the exact facts, but I know they have different ways of reading games, french wii games, and english ones.. It was like that with the other consoles I had... (NGC) I'm from france, and I can tell you that you should've gotten an english one, 60 Euros for a game... Is outrageous, it's like 75 Dollars, in america, I have my Wii, and the games only cost me $52.43 or something...

Wii = yes in french right?...that always makes me laugh

i think french wii isnt region locked..but dont quote me on it

Yah, Wii has the same pronounciation of Yes in french, the correct spelling is Oui, and What do you mean that the region is locked? @.@

All Wiis bought in europe CAN play European,Japanese and Australian games. I am not sure about wii points vouchers. Whether the ones bought in France will work on the Wii bought in the UK.

Sillin said:
Yah, Wii has the same pronounciation of Yes in french, the correct spelling is Oui, and What do you mean that the region is locked? @.@

region locked means only american games work on american wii, euro wii region locked to euro games aka PAL..i think french is PAL

Back