friend code problems

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
now people say they want to remove friend codes. i applaud that but i have a question that what could be an alternative to that and how would that be implanted into wii that are already using friend codes?come on people this is a serious issue and thus requires heated discussion.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter, Nintendo doesn't listen to fans. Friend codes aren't leaving, and there will never be a hard drive for Wii. I swear, I love Nintendo games, but I wish they didn't make hardware. Imagine playing Mario Galaxy with achievements and stuff...would be awesome.

Not quite sure what your question is...

If they moved to a different system, it would probably only effect new games made after that. They would not go back and change to the older games, they would continue to use the existing friend code system.

if they did change, username could work as one option. like the skippy said they wouldnt change the games before the change.

i agree. they should make a specific Wii website that lets u create ur own screen name by registering ur wii from there.

Skippy said:
Not quite sure what your question is...

If they moved to a different system, it would probably only effect new games made after that. They would not go back and change to the older games, they would continue to use the existing friend code system.

i mean that if they got rid of friend codes, wat would they replace it with?

vashivihan said:
i mean that if they got rid of friend codes, wat would they replace it with?

A username system that would be consistant across all online-enabled games.

well, they can use the nickname u gave ur wii and use wii24 to stay wii connected and use ur same nickname to play games online

GamerTags sounds cooler than Username... :lol:. Yeah, and one embedded into the Wii which'll work with all online games so you don't need to remember a LOTTA números for seperate games.

RadNad said:
GamerTags sounds cooler than Username... :lol:. Yeah, and one embedded into the Wii which'll work with all online games so you don't need to remember a LOTTA números for seperate games.

That would kinda suck for me and my brother, since we play on a hotseat sort of. We'll play Strikers with each of our respective Mii's (and friend codes), switching off between matches.
But we'd both have to share the same account, and records, if each Wii came embedded with just one unique 'gamertag'.

BigORhyme said:
That would kinda suck for me and my brother, since we play on a hotseat sort of. We'll play Strikers with each of our respective Mii's (and friend codes), switching off between matches.
But we'd both have to share the same account, and records, if each Wii came embedded with just one unique 'gamertag'.

You're right. Instead of a single username/gamertag account for each Wii, they could allow multiple accounts and tie them to a particular Mii. You would essentially "log in" by choosing your Mii somehow on the main Wii screen, and then when you play a game, it knows which user is logged in and what stats and friend lists go with that person.

Skippy said:
You're right. Instead of a single username/gamertag account for each Wii, they could allow multiple accounts and tie them to a particular Mii. You would essentially "log in" by choosing your Mii somehow on the main Wii screen, and then when you play a game, it knows which user is logged in and what stats and friend lists go with that person.
Than you have to think about the tiny memory available on the Wii to keep seperate accounts as well and the space on the discs to keep records.

Back