Friend Codes-System specific or game specific

kilo27

WiiChat Member
Apr 6, 2007
There has been alot of talk about the wii online and a few large issues, well ONE..............friend codes. We've seen them before on the ds and that isn't stopping it from becoming a massive success.

Alot of ppl are wondering whether the wii will be exactly like the ds like if the friend code is for each game or there is one code for each wii system. Many ppl believe that the "wii number" is the "friend code" everyone is talking about, apparantly it is'nt. That wii number is only used to communicate with that person and send eachother content(pictures,photos,miis),not for online gaming as a system specific friendcode. According to ign and gamespy, the wii will be using the same system as the ds meaning each game has it's own friend code, though it isn't confirmed by nintendo I really hope this isn't true, because it is a big hassle and would destroy online play if your hoping to get more then just ssbb to play online.

Yeah
But they don't want Kids joining games with Older men lol. So I think we'll have to wait

Its a little known fact that I'm the only person in the world wo isn't bothered by game specific friend codes.

If you wanna play random people they will usually be an option, like in Strikers and Mario Kart DS..

Who is going to meet up with someone after playing a game of Metroid online?
Honestly.....

Yeah but it still goes back to these 'Guys' or 'Pedos' saying things they shouldn't to them
Though if they made an option to block out Speech or Typing then parents can disable the feature so their children will just play and not here or see a thing

I HATE the idea of Friend Codes and IF Nintendo goes that route then good luck to them in winning the console wars and keeping customers. People who would buy Brawl and other "must have Online Capability" games are NOT going to want to deal with that crap. If I want to play online I want to do it quick and easy. I don't want to have to suffer thru typing in a long ass code for up to 15 other gamers and then wait for those SAME 15 people to type in my code as well. Thats just stupidity. Yes there are pedos and sick freaks out there. Hence why parents exist and can change the security settings on their Wii's. Hence why Nintendo should put out packets warning about the dangers of the internet and a statement that absolves of any responsibility. Sorry you guys but Nintendo shouldn't be held accountantable for these idiotic children who decide to meet with random strangers on the streets and end up getting raped, kidnapped, or even worse.

Back