Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Friend Codes

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by Mr_Stoukaph, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Mr_Stoukaph

Mr_Stoukaph WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2509-0795-4188-6793
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    Here is some discouraging news from Kotaku.com about the Wii
    How sad:( Friend codes aren't fun and are very troublesome.

• Like Like x 1
  2. martini178

martini178 Oldschoolgamer

Wii Friend Code: 6382-2254-4972-9993
    6382-2254-4972-9993
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"takes a breath" NEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERR!!! WHY NINTENDO WHY ! "sighs" i guess nintendo's online for the wii will suck santa's jingle balls

3. KraZy

KraZy Future Wii Owner

what are friend codes?

4. Mr_Stoukaph

Mr_Stoukaph WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2509-0795-4188-6793
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    you have a friend code, your friend has a friend code, you cant play him online without having your friend's friend code. in other words, its not MMO. just people who exchange codes

5. Supermariomp3

Supermariomp3 WiiChat Member

This has been old news for a while now. Just because they say there are going to be friendcodes doesn't mean its going to be exactly the same as hte ds. Nintendo surely has to learn from its mistakes with the DS and make a simple verison of friendcodes with just one for each console instead of one for each game. You can still play online with people you don't know, but if you want to set up a private game, or chat with your friends you just need the friendcodes of your friends' consoles.

6. KraZy

KraZy Future Wii Owner

??? Sounds like a waste of an idea.

7. Supermariomp3

how is that a waste of an idea

8. The_Mitch

The_Mitch UNACCEPTABLE

Wii Friend Code: 2025-2025-2025-2025
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    im hopeing that you can choose eather to enter friend codes (for if there is 1 spacific person you want to game with) or just get paired up automaticly.

9. KraZy

KraZy Future Wii Owner

o. I didn't see that post u put up supermariomp3. What you said makes more sense now. Anyway... yeah that would be a smart thing to do if nintendo does it.

10. registerednerd

registerednerd Wii online moderator

I don't totally disagree with the current friend code system (for the safety) in some games (like Metroid, where there is actually communication amoungst players), but not in others (like MarioKart, where all you do is play the game). It could definitely use some improvement, though. Like having only one code per system, and a feature like most IM programs, where both codes don't need to be exchanged (one person enters a code and the other chooses to aprove or deny)

11. MMCD

MMCD Banned

does it really matter it means at least you have some idea of who you're playing or if you want to play anybody you just go on the net and request everyone for their friend code

12. wiiener

wiiener a.k.a Vega

Yea its true that the freind codes will be used on wii but i just read in Gamepro's august issue that nintendo isn't offering an online systems similiar to xbox live. If the game you buy has online play, the online system is created by the company that also made the game. So each game has its own induvidual online system/server. Friend codes will probably be used as a way to connect with your freind in a private room (like an ip address) like supermariomp3 said.

13. ghghgh14702

ghghgh14702 Hero of Time

hopefully there will be an option to have a default friend code you can input on your system that everyone can share if you don't care about the security:scared: and just want to play with strangers, or have a unique id if you want to make it more secure/exclude everyone but your party:rolleyes:.

14. Oxywolf

Oxywolf Future Wii Owner

Wait a minute

Ok You no Super Mario Kart DS? You can play with Random people AND use Friend codes as well So I am Shure The Wii will have something similar if ont better...:cool:

15. The_Mitch

The_Mitch UNACCEPTABLE

2025-2025-2025-2025
    i hope you are right. if you are, ill give you a cookie :D

16. Oxywolf

Oxywolf Future Wii Owner

I am going to hold you to that hehe

17. wiiener

wiiener a.k.a Vega

i really don't understand why nintendo is bent on using friend codes for "security". what could possibly come from another wii that could hurt my system? people have mods on xbox live and they dont affect my xbox, because you have to install mods. The only thing i can think of is that they are protecting the built in internet access and wi-fi.

if you know something about this that i don't please tell me, because a friend code is basically an ip adress, and connecting to your friend's ip adress in computer games SUCKS ARSE.

18. Taero

Taero WiiChat Member

Er Wiiener? They aren't protecting your system ¬_¬ The whole point is that it protects YOU, they don't want young children interacting via the chat servers or whatnot with unknown adults, the friends codes mean you have to be friends with the person you want to play against so they give you their code and you give them yours. Bit like msn but worse, on msn you put in their email address and then they accent or reject you. Here however you have to put in their friends code and they have to put in yours before you can meet each other. Good in theory lame as anything in practice, I don't see it happening on the pc, imagine friends codes on something like UT20XX sorry you can't play because you haven't given your code to xxxx number of people.

19. The_Mitch

The_Mitch UNACCEPTABLE

2025-2025-2025-2025
    they should have a system where you need a credit card entered to ensure you are old enough to be able to play w/ random people. so i you dont enter any CC info than you must use hte friend code system but if you do enter your CC info, you can choose eather friend code or random players

20. Supermariomp3

a lot of people would not like that because a lot of people either don't have credit cards or their parents/relatives/friends won't let them use theirs.