Friend Codes

i really don't understand why nintendo is bent on using friend codes for "security". what could possibly come from another wii that could hurt my system? people have mods on xbox live and they dont affect my xbox, because you have to install mods. The only thing i can think of is that they are protecting the built in internet access and wi-fi.

if you know something about this that i don't please tell me, because a friend code is basically an ip adress, and connecting to your friend's ip adress in computer games SUCKS ARSE.

Er Wiiener? They aren't protecting your system ¬_¬ The whole point is that it protects YOU, they don't want young children interacting via the chat servers or whatnot with unknown adults, the friends codes mean you have to be friends with the person you want to play against so they give you their code and you give them yours. Bit like msn but worse, on msn you put in their email address and then they accent or reject you. Here however you have to put in their friends code and they have to put in yours before you can meet each other. Good in theory lame as anything in practice, I don't see it happening on the pc, imagine friends codes on something like UT20XX sorry you can't play because you haven't given your code to xxxx number of people.

they should have a system where you need a credit card entered to ensure you are old enough to be able to play w/ random people. so i you dont enter any CC info than you must use hte friend code system but if you do enter your CC info, you can choose eather friend code or random players

a lot of people would not like that because a lot of people either don't have credit cards or their parents/relatives/friends won't let them use theirs.

then little kids would ask their parents if they could put in their credit card and let the play with everyone.

thats what they did with xbox and it works. its the parents fault for letting their kids play online, not nintendo's. i say kids should be confined to the friend code system (13 years old and younger. that is unless the kids parents let them) and 14 years old or older should be able to play anyone at anytime w/o needing friend codes

yeah, but even if it isnt nintendo's fault, those congress bastards are going to blame them. because aparently, no parenting is bad, but all video games are.

Mr_Stoukaph said:
yeah, but even if it isnt nintendo's fault, those congress bastards are going to blame them. because aparently, no parenting is bad, but all video games are.
i hate Hilary Clinton

Mr_Stoukaph said:
yeah, same with joe liberman. but theres a chance that hilary could be the next president:(
Oh, that would suck. Last I heard it was between her and Condie. Back on topic, however. In refrence to MKDS and having different ways to play, all the DS WFC games are like that (I think Animal Crossing might be, but I'm not sure), but some have different features. In MKDS, there may as well not be friend codes, because all you can do is play the game with one another, just like playing a stranger. However, in MP:H and Tony Hawk SK8land, you can link up and play strangers, just playing the game, or you can link up with friends and there is voice and text chat. This is where the security comes into play. In these games, it would be easy for a child to give out information that they shouldn't, so they make it to where they can only communicate with people they already know. That was the idea behind the friend codes.

but you can just swap friends codes online like some of us did here. a little kid most likely wont do that but what about a 14-year-old?

Back