From 360 to Wii

Stopper31

WiiChat Member
Feb 11, 2009
Hey Everyone,

I just recently traded my 360 off on a Wii and am having a ton of fun with it. I picked up the Wii Fit over the weekend as well. Any recommendations on some balance board compatible games? I'm thinking of picking up Sean White's game. Also, being a 360 owner for the past couple years has made me very used to that controller. Would I be better off picking up the classic Wii controller, or is the Wii remote easy to get used to?

the gamecube controller seems more like xbox controller.

classic controller is for virtual console games.

HOLD IT! [DP's ace attorney image insert here]

You sold your 360 for a Wii, yet you want a controller like the 360's, when the controller is the main thing the Wii has going for it.......

You sold your 360 for a Wii, yet you want a controller like the 360's, when the controller is the main thing the Wii has going for it.......

Well that's ultimately what I'm asking... is the Wiimote the way to go when it comes to gaming on the Wii? I'm not saying I want a controller like the 360, just asking if I'd be better off with one!

So far I've found the Wiimote fully functional, but I've only played very basic games, including WiiSports, WiiPlay, etc. I've yet to play any "advanced" games so to speak.

Welcome to the light side of the force.

You need to use the WiiMote/ Wiimote and Nunchuck for most games. If you're used to games with a more conventional controller, pick up Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, or Castlevania Judgement, all good games that are compatible with the GC controller.

Hey Stopper, welcome to WiiChat. As others have mentioned, the highlight of the Wii is the motion controller, so you're best off with that for most games. GigaRidley mentioned Super Smash Bros. Brawl, excellent fighter which you can use multiple controllers with, so that should suit you if you're into the fighting game genre.

Enjoy the forums!

Back