From melee to brawl

mushroomedmario

ssb4life
May 5, 2007
Waterloo, ontario, canada
Wii Online Code
5701-4561-7633-7008
explain how you feel about the changes that characters made....are you happy/mad with you main? Are you liking the characters you hated while playing melee

here's how i feel about a couple of characters

mario-my main from melee, i no longer like the feel of him, and i hate fludd, and the only times i used mario tornade was basically on the ground, however, it owns a lot more now in the air then it did melee, so i have mixed feeling about the mario tornado now,

fox-my second main from melee, uhh i don't know, i actually haven't used him that much, but i definitely like falco a lot more

toon link-well i young link was my third main in melee, and i'm really enjoying toon link, he's pretty awesome in general

marth-i absoloutly hated him in melee, but i think he's pretty sweet in brawl...he just didnt' feel good

Ike sucks! I want Roy back! Link is schweet here. Toon Link is cute. Sonic's down airkick is ridiculously strong.

Peach - Her air butt attack (aerial back attack) is shortened which really made her weaker. Her Down Smash attack also got a lot weaker. Her Air Float Down kick trick isn't as effective as it was before... Her Forward Special however became faster and longer range with shorter delays. Peach was my main, but I feel she's not as good as before therefore im looking at other brawl characters to experiment on... so far im loving snake and sonic.

I brought SSBB over my friend's house who used to constantly play as Link, so he picked Link. As he started to play as him he says: "Link SUCKS in this game!" Apparently he noticed a difference, but I didn't.

Still, thank the heavens for the side B move for Pit. Then again, I hate it because another friend spammed it on me online.

Monsteroids said:
Ike sucks! I want Roy back! Link is schweet here. Toon Link is cute. Sonic's down airkick is ridiculously strong.
If you hack SSBB, you'll find that Roy was actually partially programmed into the game.

Actually, all characters of melee (that aren't in Brawl) are partially programmed. And Toon Zelda/Shiek is partially programmed...

*ontopic*
I like the new graphics and *finally* a decent adventure mode. Characters...? I feel like Zelda and Marth got such a huge boost, they got slightly overpowered :lol: . Only two characters I have a chance of losing to, so when I see one of them, I immediately go for him/her.

Words cannot begin to describe the frustration of adapting to Brawl Falcon.

If it weren't for his manliness, I wouldn't have even recognized him. He's hardly the same character.

For details, you could check out my Falcon thread thats towards the bottom of the character discussion page [and you could bump it if you really love me] xD :wink:

Monsteroids said:
i want roy aswell to late he was my secend main in melee i guess ill just have to stick to fox and cpt. falcon and new guys from brawl from now on

Shiek's needles feel more powerful in this one.
But her down A air does that suicide bombing thing.
But I kinda like it. It adds a quickness to air attacks.

And her Over smash A is ALOT more powerful. ALOT.

And then you have the crazy transforming time with no easy shortcut to become Shiek at the beggining.

personally i actually like mario MUCH more now than before. all his moves are good for combo's. smashes could use a ko buff though. and yess.... flud is.... terrible lol

i love the new physics system. makes for super intense matches.

new characters and balance are great.

air dodge system takes some getting used to but its better now for sure, same with ground dodge

favorite new aspect is that some d airs shoot downwards. cool variety i think

Back