Frost? - it's 40 degrees celcius outside

saywot

WiiChat Member
Feb 3, 2011
I'm getting used to the fact that the 'News Channel' has little or no Australian news, never much regional news. But am getting heartily fed up with the Wii balance board telling me that it is concerned about frost getting into the wiring when it's almost (and often over) 100 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

In the settings of the console I have Australia set as the country in which the device is resident. But where can I tell the damned thing that the Southern Hemisphere has different seasonal timings to the North?

that's amusing, is it the wiifit game telling you that? you'll get annoying messages from wiifit no matter what.

Haha, you think that's bad, my Wii Fit Plus game has animated snow falling on the main menu screen. Snow! In the middle of the southern hemisphere's summer! I have my Wii's regional settings set to New Zealand, but I cannot find any setting within the WF+ game itself to specify which region I am in. I would have thought that WF+ would read the config from the Wii itself, but it doesn't seem to.

Any ideas anyone?

Back