Future Shop annoyance. Help please.

liambarron

WiiChat Member
Feb 20, 2007
I was at Futureshop doing the rounds to see if I could get my hands on another controller for my wii when I came upon a what looked like a senior employee surrounded by boxes and customers. Excited that I would be able to purchase an extra wii remote I asked if I could take one directly from the box. The employee told me that they are pairing up the wii's with the extra remotes they got and can only be bought as a package. I was outraged and began to argue about the unfairness of the situation seeing as when I bought it the extra remotes were sold out. I told him that I would buy a wii and an extra controller and that I would see him tomorrow to return wy wii. He then told me that if he knew I was going to do that he had the right to not sell it to me. In the end I just ended up buying the console and a controller from a different employee who pushed the psp till I was on my knees begging him to stop. I was just wondering about the legality of all this, does the employee have the right to not sell it to me for that reason?

Last edited:
i am not sure about this but apparenty its a bundle so you HAVE to but it like that. i heard that gamestation are creating a PS3 and PSP bundle which you can only buy TOGETHER.

Well if when you bought it they were having that bundle but they had no extra controllers, then you are entitled to your free controllers. Something like this happened to me. Back in 2002 when my mom bought my PS2 it was supposed to come with speakers. So I got the PS2 but no speakers. But then when my came home from Target (where she works and bought my PS2) she had the speakers that were supposed to come with my PS2.

When they say it's a bundle and you buy it that's pretty much a contract saying if you buy this for... we'll also include this. Also he has NO right to NOT let you buy the bundle. But I'm not sure if he has the right to not let you return your Wii because you told him why you're returning it which means he thinks there are no problems with it. Although something could have happened to it after you said so he doesn't know.

Thanks, I appreciate your comments.
There was absolutely no documentation of the deal, no other employee I talked to was aware of the promotion. All the other future shops I visited did not have any deal as such either. There were about 13 wii's left and 4 remotes. He told me that usually they get alot more remotes than wiis so they have never had trouble offering the wii with an extra controller. He was also allowing people to buy wiis without the extra controller.

There are always Wii remotes here. Every time I go to the PX there are atleast 5. If you (or anyone) wants, I will purchase one for you. We'd just have to arrange the details through PM.

well

me working at futureshop

(ipods/macs on fri/sat/sun---those days when i work)

video games mon-thurs...when i work

i have never had something like this where i had to force someone to buy this etc with the bundle..the only one i had is u had to buy a game with the wii...anygame...thats the only bundle i had to sell one day...we have 12 wiis...everyone buys a game so it doesnt make a difference

Thanks again guys. I dropped by my local best buy today and they had about 10 remotes so I bought my 3rd one and am still awaiting one that was purchased over ebay by my brother. I just want to know if an employee has the right to not sell me the bundle because I am planning on returning it the next day. I could have just as easily returned it to best buy with the receipt of my old one I bought less than a month ago or just returned it to another future shop.

Just order the controllers from nintendo.com. That's what I did and it arrived in about a week, no problem. Just a couple of bucks shipping.

Spiderking is what you said true why would he have the right to not sell him something?

"I was just wondering about the legality of all this, does the employee have the right to not sell it to me for that reason?"

First of all, I think this is totally out of order and shops shoudln't be out allowed to do this, but as for the legallity, in the UK atleast I know a retailer can refuse to serve any customer they chose to refuse, no questions asked. If they decide they don't want your money, they have no legal obligation to take it. Being that I have never heaqrd of the shop in question I am guessing you are American, so the laws might be differant, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same as we have here

Back