Future Wii Speculation

markmanuel18 said:
no the next Nintendo console is going to be callled waa wa wii waa, just been confirmed by Borat

i heard from a.. reliable?... source that the new wiimote will come with two oval shaped nunchakus that attach to the base of the wiimote. One hangs lower than the other.

Most of you believe that it is unlikely that Nintendo will release a hardware revsion for the Nintendo Wii. I am very relieved now because I, probably like most of you, would be very upset if they released a new version after we invested considerable time and money into our current Nintendo Wiis!

it doesnt matter im not going to play dvds in my wii

i hear the wii games spin backwards and thats why they differ from regular dvds

hopefully they got drives that can handle spinning in both directions

well see they probably are still working on the security on it running both ways

thats how mod chips work, they run dvds in both directions and thats part of the process of running back ups

so i guess mod chips can run dvds but theres no software support

a mod chip is technically a hardware upgrade

i think it could go either way who knows

security is why i thought they choose to hold out on dvd support at first

I would like there to be a firmware update to play DVDs, but im not sure if its possible. I heard from a thread here that Wii discs are DVD discs, but they spin backwards. Would a firmware update make it possible for the wii to spin a DVD the otherway? and would a firmware update make the wii able to distinguish the difference between a wii DVD game, and a DVD video? i really have no clue to how much nintendo can alter our wiis with just a simple firmware update. please clue me in o_O

You guys who are saying the Wii can get DVD Playback by Firmware are mistaken. Wii discs are read backwards compared to normal DVDs, the hardware isnt built to turn the opposite way to my understanding.

but theres always hope.

Why is it so important for the Wii to play DVDs? Most people already have DVD players. Making the Wii play DVDs would only be making it work overtime and possibly reduce the Wii's lifespan. Besides it would make more sense for the Wii to play HD video perhaps with an add-on.

i dont mind if they bring out a new wii for dvds......but if they make the wii have better graphics or whatever then i am annoyed

wow nintendo did make updates to their first 2 systems

nes2
nes2-2.jpg

snes 2 too
snes2.jpg

http://www.rolentapress.com/rolenta/collection/nintendo/nintendo.html

none were so close to launch though

i wouldnt put dvd's in my wii unless i only had a wii and no dvd player
but i do and can get a dvd player that cost 40 bucks with out a sale

why risk my wii on a scratched dvd
or make my dvd keep spinning in diffferent directions at all
i hear it can hurt the lifespan of my wii

plus why would i want to load my wii up just to watch a dvd
i hated watching dvds on a ps2 cuz it takes for ever to load, to play games its expected, to play a movie no way.

I have a portable dvd player, my computer plays dvd, I have a ps2, and a regular dvd player but I still want my wii to play dvds.

markmanuel18 said:
I have a portable dvd player, my computer plays dvd, I have a ps2, and a regular dvd player but I still want my wii to play dvds.

i think it gets rid of clutter, and its a nice feature, but as illmasaki said it could less'n the life of the Wii

Back