Galaxy vs Mario 64

ah Mario64... good memories. Well i'm still going to say Mario Galaxy. I played and beat both of them too. It's just my opinion though but i just simply find mario galaxy to be more fun. The Wii interactivity adds a lot of fun. I love both games though.

Gotta say SM64. Galaxy was too linear for me. Too many levels followed the pattern: land on planet, find way to move to next planet, rinse, repeat, possibly fight a boss, get star. SM64 had lots more exploration involved. And it was challenging enough that it had a lot play time required to beat it, but it was never too frustrating.

Yea I agree. Except it was never challenging to me. The daredevil comet I think (the one with only 1 hp?) was the only wont that came close to giving me a challenge, which was still easy.

Galaxy.
I love them both and have played both versions but only own the 64 version and it was a staple of my childhood. but Galaxy is like a whole new drug. it is so cool. its definitely my pick of the two (only by a tiny bit though)

Hmm, haven't tried Mario 64, so I won't choose one. I love SMG, so I will probably get Mario64 on the VC to try, then I will say! :smilewinkgrin:

I Just Got Galaxy from gamefly and although it is fairly easy so far I am enjoying it so much more than sm64 which i have on VC. I don't know what I am supposed to do on 64. The gameplay, controls and visuals are way better.

Got to be Galaxy for me.

This game really held my attention, it made me actually not want to stop playin, yea it was easy but the game play was just great.

damn, maybe i should invest in some vc games!

*cough*mario64*cough*ocarinaoftime*cough*

keep up the votes!

galaxy was more entertaining and fun to play but sm64 was a better game. But I think galaxy has better replay value.

Best 3D platformer? Sonic Adventure.

-ducks-

At the time it came out, I absolutely loved Sonic Adventure. I just can't say the same thing about Mario 64 or Galaxy.

Back