Game Captureing....!

Not sure what their called, but you can pick them up for next to nothing at any electronics shop.

PokeWii said:
Ok so this friday me and a friend are planing on buying a http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=341922#pi
Overall it looks preety nice and they guy at the store said it would work for recording gameplay.Good deal. Well my only problem is I just realized im going to need an out put wire (Red,Yellow,White) from the device to my TV. Dose anyone have any idea what the wire is called? Or where to get one?

Do not buy it! I looked at the review and it looks terrible.

There are plenty of great capture cards that work fantastically and for half the price.

red white and yellow is called RCA cables
composite cables are for high def.

Also check on newegg I'd look up some of the better hauppauge cards, I'd recommend finding a card with a built in MPEG encoder so it is not raising your CPU usage near as much.

If you have any suggestions im open for all ideas... I saw other reviews and that one on compusa.com is the only bad one I could find the rest said it was fine and so did the Geek Squad guy at bestbuy.

I second the hauppauge cards. I have two of them and they work very well.

If your PC doesn't have an RCA out or S-Video out to connect to your TV then you might have to get a Y splitter to split the RCA connection from the wii to both your TV and PC.

I want to capture games as well.

But Im on a laptop and need a usb card device. Ive been to some shops. They had USB things that could capture movies and images from digitale camcorders. My idea ( and my dads ) was that its no difference for that usb card if theres a camcorder or a wii hooked up to it. ( it worked with the standard yellow red and white cable )

I really want to record the things I do on my wii on my laptop and edit it with adobe premiere :D S

Am I right?

awdawg said:
red white and yellow is called RCA cables
composite cables are for high def.
Wrong.
Yellow-Composite Video Cable
Red & White-Left and Right Audio
Red, Green, Blue-Component

Back