Game Compatability in Europe - Please Help

Grey

Accio Wii?
Nov 5, 2007
England
Hi all. I'm new to the boards so I'm sorry if I appear to be just another pointless message filling things up, but I've attempted a search and found nothing.

I recently placed an order for a Wii from Germany, as it is near impossible to purchase one within the UK right now. Even though I knew with patience I could find one, I just cannot wait any longer :crazy: .

After reading approvals that it was safe to purchase from Germany, I'm just slightly curious if anyone can tell me how exactly I can play UK Pal games on it?

I have an odd feeling the German Wii may use Pal as well, but can anyone confirm this at all? I cant deal with the waiting, maybe I'm just becoming paranoid..

- Thanks for reading

Grey said:
Hi all. I'm new to the boards so I'm sorry if I appear to be just another pointless message filling things up, but I've attempted a search and found nothing.

I recently placed an order for a Wii from Germany, as it is near impossible to purchase one within the UK right now. Even though I knew with patience I could find one, I just cannot wait any longer :crazy: .

After reading approvals that it was safe to purchase from Germany, I'm just slightly curious if anyone can tell me how exactly I can play UK Pal games on it?

I have an odd feeling the German Wii may use Pal as well, but can anyone confirm this at all? I cant deal with the waiting, maybe I'm just becoming paranoid..

- Thanks for reading

All of Europe (including the UK) uses PAL as standard. you will be fine.

The language will be in German though, so you will need to change it to english

Thanks alot, thats comforting to know :)

Now I've just got to wait for the damn thing.

I don't blame you for ordering from abroad, I was looking round town the other day and their all sold out. Luckily I was lame enough to get up at 4am on launch and get one then :lol:

Wow 4am :lol: .

Well I sort of did the same but at 6am for the Xbox. What some of us will do for consoles, huh :)

Delivery expected 12th! Cant wait.

Back