game cube games with classic controller

lostzen

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
london, uk
Wii Online Code
1220-3889-6609-2711
sorry if this has been asked before, but i was wondering if i could play game cube games on the wii using the classic controller?

oh... i didn't realize that, i've never actually played anything on the game cube before.. was hoping to find out the answer before i bought something, as i heard game cube controllers were hard to come by

No. It's not possible. You wouldn't be able to convert it either unless some 3rd party source wastes a lot of time converting wireless to a GameCube input - which isn't going to happen. It -MAY- be possible in updates for the future, but I do recall Nintendo stating something about only being able to use GameCube controllers for classic games and not the other way around.

I'm about 90% sure - I COULD be wrong though.

Of course, there are lots of controller converters available for PS2 - GameCube, N64 - GameCube and the such. I've looked on eBay quite a few times and there is still plenty available. The conversion is very good, too ... not to mention the fact that PS2 controllers are cheap to come by (3rd party though). You could always convert if you needed to play a GameCube game. The Wii is compatible with all controller conversions (even a double conversion from USB to PS2 to GameCube - yeah, I tried it).
You can also convert XBOX controllers but I don't understand why you'd do that. The conversion cords are sold for at least $5 - $15 maximum.

Last edited:
No it cant
and learn to use the search

Best bet for GC controllers is Cash converters (UK)
Or Ebay

Back