Game Idea!

chase

Say wha'!? ...Oh.
Nov 26, 2006
Everyone hates game ideas on forums, but I thought this was a good one...

Okay, so, picture this...

You're walking around a populated city neighborhood in a first person view...
You go up to a house's door, fling it open, and step inside. A woman is terrified, and you're out of any weapons. To your left is a messy coffee table with magazines, a few pens and pencils, and a remote. You pick up the remote, throw it at her which doesn't really do much, so you pick up a pen, click it out, and fling it at her which sticks... she passes out.

I was thinking it would be such a cool idea to be able to pick up any item... ANY item and use it as a weapon or some other tool... or just pick it up, kinda like a violent macgyver. Ha. You could build a trap with a shirt, a bowling ball, and a string if you wanted to, or just throw the bowling ball and get it over with. And it would be a free roaming world with almost any open building... which might work better and be easier to make if it wasn't in a city setting, but whatever. And, better yet, the Wii remote would act on the object on the way that you actually hold the remote. Pick up a fork, come down with a stab, or go in with a shank. The physics, of course, would have to be pretty advanced like Half Life 2's, but that engine's being used a lot these days... so, really, it would be a mix of GTA, Oblivion, and Elebits.

Who else thinks this would be a pretty fun game, or has any ideas or replace or add? Or who thinks this sounds pretty retarded?

p.s.... i'll feel pretty dumb if there's already a game coming out similar to this and i didn't know it... so don't hate me. heh.

p.s.... i'll feel pretty dumb if there's already a game coming out similar to this and i didn't know it... so don't hate me. heh.

yeah. i wasn't really planning on thinking of a whole plot but if i do, i'll let cha know. lol. :p

the throwing whatever you want is bassically like dead rising, but i do like the idea of setting traps and maybe some mmo like possibilities. of course it would be cool to make ANY weapon you want, sort of like spore when it comes to making characters...that would be real nice... id buy that if there was a sweet plot

Well, Dead Rising for 360.. You can use just about anything as a weapon.

Half-Life 2 rocked, with the gravity gun you could pick shoot just about anything at an enemy, it was awesome.

I don't even care about the plot in this case. If there was a game that sweet, then I would just buy it to kill people lol

chase said:
I was thinking it would be such a cool idea to be able to pick up any item... ANY item and use it as a weapon or some other tool... or just pick it up, kinda like a violent macgyver. Ha. You could build a trap with a shirt, a bowling ball, and a string if you wanted to, or just throw the bowling ball and get it over with.

you my friend have problems.....

haha jk sounds pretty dope

ID BUY IT!

I think we have some of those crazy shoot up taco bell for no reason people here lol idk id buy!! heck ya throw an angry cat inside a passing car and see what happens

OneManArmy said:
I think we have some of those crazy shoot up taco bell for no reason people here lol idk id buy!! heck ya throw an angry cat inside a passing car and see what happens

Dude, that sentence made no sense at all....

hmmmm so what your saying is, killing mindlessly with anything you can find

I'M IN!!!

nic7 said:
the throwing whatever you want is bassically like dead rising

Yeah, I played that game... it's reaaaally fun. But, if you notice, there's still some restrictions and stuff. You can use anything as a weapon and i was trying to think of that game when i was writing the description but wrote Elebits instead :p ... The reason, really, it would be first person though is that you could point and click, and suddenly you have an object, or weapon, in your hands. I find it kind of annoying in dead rising when you sometimes have to almost find where they want you to pick up, say, a frisbee. The game would be perfect in a mall, though. Too bad that setting's already taken. Lol. Maybe a small town? Like the dead rising town, maybe. Not the mall but the city... about that size, but big enough to make it feel open.

I thought a cool plot, by the way, would be about a girl, maybe 16 or 17? (Old enough to know what the hell's goin on) and she's on her way to... somewhere lol... on a plane and suddenly there's a bunch of turbulence and the plane crashes... she just so happens to be the only one alive and she's in the middle of the desert... so she goes to the nearest town off in the distance. And some weird stuff starts to happen and she finds out she's in an area with strange groups and practices and she gets trapped... so she has to find out how to get out, while constantly trying to survive and not get on the bad side of any of these groups, so, really, she doesn't get killed. Lol. So every decision has a consequence, too. There would also some mysteries that would keep the plot moving. That would rock. :p

Dude, that would be SO COOL! I'd buy it from YOU personally for $500 USD. If I had that kinda money anyways. lol
Thing is, it would be WAY too hard an WAY complicated. If you can find a way where the controls aren't really bad and confusing, then that parts good.
Then you have the issue of every action having a consequence... do you mean it like a choose your own adventure, or like a completely real life kinda thing? (kinda hard to say what I mean) That would be cool, but it would be too hard to do that. You have to realize the programmers have to do EVERY outcome...
So if your saying you could have a different ending virtually every time you play.... That would have to include things like if you put a thumbtack on the road with the pin facing up, then that could pop a tire in a certain spot, causing something to happen. If you placed it a millimeter off, then something else could happen like: (Ok, I love doing these things! theoretical speaking is SO FUN! I've got too much time on my hands...)
Since you placed the thumbtack a millimeter more to the left, then you could have squashed an ant. (Instead of you not squishing the ant.)
That ant could have some rare and weird genetic disorder, but now you squished the only one. If you wouldn't have squashed it, then you could have later in the game found a whole army of them, which you could have later found out that they will obey you if you have some weird thingy or something.
Then [Blah Blah Blah].
Now because you put that thumbtack there, the evil aliens have decided to blow up a planet, which otherwise you would have been able to visit.
Now that you can't visit it, you'll never find a key laying on the ground there, that you later would have found a chest that contains the only weapon capable of destroying your arch-enemy the evil robot thing.
So now you just lost, all because you placed a thumb tack a millimeter off of where you had to put it to get the best possible ending made available.

See what I'm saying? Programmers DO have to actually place everything in the game. It isn't like the game can create itself, although THAT would be cool! (Except then there goes my [hopefully] future job career...)
All in all, this seems like a normal game for when Virtual Reality hits and is actually not that bad.... :)
Uh... ya. I think that made sense, and I don't think I left anything out...
Sorry to burst your bubble man... :(
Try back in a few generations! Then technology won't suck so much! (Compared to current technology...)
Only problem with THAT is, the world is supposedly going to end December 21st, 2012 A.D. according to the Mayans.... So we'll just have to see. Although that's a different subject entirely...
Animation90.gif

EDIT: Wow, that had to be the longest post I've ever written...
I had something else I wanted to say....

Last edited:
Hmm. only if you could make contraptions to catch fat people. theres a door fat guy goes through and it pulls string releasing a golfball then goes into the putting game and fires it out and hits a cooker switch, cooker turns on melting a
big lump on plastic which is in it. plastic goes out onto a duck duck gets scared and runs into a bowling ball which makes a oil drum roll down hitting the fat guy, thus making him roll down the hill into a big boat which is driven by you so you drive into the middle of the sea just as the feul runs out so you get on your jetski (which is attacked to the boat by rope) and ride off then the fat guy is stuck there where you throw pens and forks at him for hours on end! and when it hits him it yelps. eheheh!

Lol I like the idea but why would ya walk into a random house and throw a remote at a scared woman lol ?

Back