Game Releases: Regional differences

strommsarnac

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2006
USA, Central Ohio
So I ran across the IGN.UK release list for the Wii. I live in the US. Wow, talk about some seemingly cool games coming out OUTSIDE the US region!! I'm going to be really annoyed if they don't make it to the US.

I'm sure there's some specific to the US, but comparing the lists, I couldn't find any.

Really? Mind posting the list or at least soe of the games off it?

true some cool games are coming to the uk first (hopefully) but then again Americans already have a lot of the games out that we are still wiating for

for example:
dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 2, here its just been released

For some games its ok (like Wii Play) but games like DBZ should all be released at the same time, and online games should also come out in Japan, UK and US at the same time.

I'm hoping there arent any major regional differences between titles. In the past on consoles like the Super Nintendo they had major problems with regional games, for issues like the aspect ratios of the PAL and NTSC TVs, along with framerate issues - NTSC regions ran at 60hz, while PAL regions ran at 50hz, which resulted in significantly slower gameplay for direct play conversions to PAL.

Apparently it was really noticable on Super Mario Kart... Whether this is affected by a converter or not is something I don't know, although I'd like to hope a converter corrects this framerate issue...

Back