Game rentals

s9am_me

Got my Wii!!
Jan 9, 2007
SF Bay Area, CA
Wii Online Code
5361-7973-5682-6452
Has anyone tried Gamefly? I would like to rent Wii games and try them out b4 I buy them. How fast does gamefly ship the games out? I would go to my local blockbuster, but they only have a small selection of games and their always out. I do like the no late fee on gamefly. Are there any other rental sites you can recommend?

I can recommend quite a few, but they are UK ones.
Off the top of my head, I would Say ebgames or something. i only know that American one. :lol:

eb games is just a retailer of new and used games.. they don't rent out games to my knowledge

The only other place I know that rents games is Blockbuster, or stores similar to it (smaller chains, or local stores of the same type). But, Blockbuster generally has a very small selection of games (whereas GF has a relatively large one)... and it may be a hassle to go to Blockbuster 2 days in a row to avoid late fees.

I personally have never used GF, but I've heard that once you send a game back in, you'll have a new game in 2 or 3 days... and remember - you can have 2 games out at once, so if you are waiting for one in the mail, play the other, then send the other in and polay the one you just received, etc. etc.

DarthGohan1 said:
so if you are waiting for one in the mail, play the other, then send the other in and polay the one you just received, etc. etc.

yeah exactly what i was thinking. I might do the trial and see how it goes

I got gamefly a month ago to rent wii/360 games and I have to say i'm really not happy with the service. The first few games took about 3 days to arrive and after that it took 12 days to get the next game and that was after I reported a mail error and ended up receiving the actual replacement disc a 2 weeks after that. I had some other minor problems and there support sucks.. 2-3 days to get an answer from there email service which half the time is an automated email and if you call them have fun waiting on hold for like 30 minutes.. that is if you don't get the machine telling you there phone support is closed for the day. Overall i'd have to say the only pros to using gamefly is you save some money plus you can keep the rented games for almost half price. Tbh the blockbuster thing probably works better even though its just one game at a time.

Back