Game says ps3 launch is better than wii and 360

Are you serious?! I thought success of a launch was measured by the number of units SOLD, not SHIPPED! Is it Nintendo's fault that hotcakes are selling like Wiis?

They have probably made around the same amount of consoles as Nintendo but they can supply them because not as many people want them.

Actually it says sony 'Expects' not Say but launch in UK was today so we'll have to see. Though I only know one guy getting it. And it's my mates Brother

Lol the reason there's so many is because nobody wan't them..duuuuh :p

And well spoted wiismurf.. I never spotted that :)

LOL....this is priceless. I'm gonna go look at joystiq again to see how many are posting about buying PS3's in Europe...last I saw was 16.

These "Game" people sound like total tools for Sony. That article was just about off to deep end ... really.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23725 ... hell they have to give away free TV's to get the console in peoples hands lol.

Sony is full of **** ... there was another article about how a sony boss was saying they were leaving this generation behind lol.

Last edited:
What the article really says, is that they will have no trouble supplying those who want a ps3, this may suggest low demand. :D

great, so they can supply enough consoles to the stores. problem is, that'll be too much since there isn't a high demand. the ps3 probably hasn't even reached 2 million consoles sold (compared to 10 million plus 360s and 6 million plus Wiis), and yet they think that making enough of them puts them in front? yeah... okay, sony, keep dreaming.

lmao this is funny though..... they might aswell stop making ps3's for now. They only causing their workers to do unnecesary work. This is sad. who ever sells the most consoles is the winner, not who makes the most. But look like your the only one here who agrees with game.

Now i'm the hotpotato, so get out my kitchen!!

People seem to keep forgetting that the 360 and Wii were out long before the PS3... these numbers of 10million & 6million vs 1.6million is bullcrap.
Get proper numbers from the first 3 months each was out.(in america)
And the first 2 weeks of worldwide(you will have to wait another week and a bit before you can do this one)

FWELR said:
great, so they can supply enough consoles to the stores. problem is, that'll be too much since there isn't a high demand. the ps3 probably hasn't even reached 2 million consoles sold (compared to 10 million plus 360s and 6 million plus Wiis), and yet they think that making enough of them puts them in front? yeah... okay, sony, keep dreaming.

not picking on you, just going to fix the numbers.

PS3 is close to 2 million units sold. 360 is nearing 11 million, and the wii is in the low 5 million.

I expect to see the PS3 numbers jump much higher by next year due to the influx of games that will be released. The wii will most likely keep rising at the same pace, not slowing but also not jumping either, unless they start pumping out more units, since they tend to get bought right away. And who knows with the Xbox. A solid system with nothing all that unique. (however has some good MMORPG titles coming out for it)

retro_joe said:
People seem to keep forgetting that the 360 and Wii were out long before the PS3... these numbers of 10million & 6million vs 1.6million is bullcrap.
Get proper numbers from the first 3 months each was out.(in america)
And the first 2 weeks of worldwide(you will have to wait another week and a bit before you can do this one)

Where did you hear this from? the PS3 came out two days before the Wii. The 360 was out a year before both consoles... But anyway it doesn't matter. All that matters is, is that the wii is selling and is going to rock you people out of you all g-stringsssss lmao

Back