Game servers down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
007 Legends game isn't that bad at all. Yes I know but since the majority of the chatter is GE related (007) just thought I'd throw that in the mix.
Anyway I think the servers are back up because I was able to connect last night and briefly early this morning before my day started.

Anyway I think the servers are back up because I was able to connect last night and briefly early this morning before my day started.

Lucky you. I am still the king of the eternal "Testing Connection..." screen...

Allow me to show you how I really feel about it. I feel like part of my soul has been taken and that I am in need of a spiritual game cleansing! I believe this guy's dance conveys my mood appropriately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15DiJHKYPbY&feature=related

well...you get the idea...I'm sad. Even the lady's words in the music seem to be talking about Wii Goldeneye going away...each and every line! ARGH!!! :ee5k:

Last edited:
I am also still "testing connectiond" Central Canada here, about 7 hours north of New York. I made the dumbass error of thinking it was a network issue and completely re-config'ing my wii, and ports and all that crap when I should have just left it alone...and...er...waited out the storm.
I hope it comes back soon.

see you soon....oh wait...you wont see me....

Dark-G

So I found out where the game servers are located - Datagram. Probably the worst place they could have been on Manhattan Island.
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/heSGl

Here's a minute by minute report of the progress being made at Datagram on their website:
http://www.datagram.com/

Update 3:55pm PST
Power gradually coming on to lower Manhattan now. Follow Con Edison's Twitter feed at:
https://twitter.com/ConEdison

Last edited:
:ee5k::cryin::yikes::shocked::eek1::nonod::eek::(:blush2::incazzato::shocked2::cry::yelling::prrr: ...reading the reports being posted, this is VERY VERY bad news...

Thanks for the update!

Lol, and here i was thinking we where aking process.
Cause instead of not getting the kicked out of wii channel, i was getting not being able to find a game server.
Here i was thinking it might be fixed sometime tonight whilst i sleep.

I'm not blaming anyone, but I do miss the GAME!
It's nice to see so many familiar names, and to have somebody to commiserate with!
I need Tampa Bondo to kill me a lot so I can get the domination bonus when I finally get the drop on him.
Peace brothers
see you in the archives soon I hope!

When I tried to get on about an hour ago, instead of the "testing connection" hang up, it proceeded through immediately to "unable to connect to servers" message. So would that be progress?

I've been getting the same thing all day. I don't know if its progress but its something.

So I found out where the game servers are located - Datagram. Probably the worst place they could have been on Manhattan Island.
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/heSGl

Here's a minute by minute report of the progress being made at Datagram on their website:
http://www.datagram.com/

Update 3:55pm PST
Power gradually coming on to lower Manhattan now. Follow Con Edison's Twitter feed at:
https://twitter.com/ConEdison

*Nominates the above post for "wiichat most useful post of the year!" Great one, Mike! :thumbsup:x10

holy...
i just read the part about most costumers back by nov.11.
That is one more week.
I hope Activision part is restored sooner.

I'm gonna be mad if this ends up destroying the goldeneye wii community though.
I mean, this could not have happened at a worst time.
I mean aside from the new shooter games just released/abou to be released on other platforms then the nintendo,
the wii U is launching on the 18th. Meaning a certain amount i bound to switch.

I am of a mind that in the coming months the community was gonna drop, so i wanted to have a few good last weeks...
Then again, perhaps it will last longer then my pessimistic mind believes.

Last edited:
Two points:

1) Business: I firmly believe they will restore online multiplayer to wii goldeneye. The community is still strong enough to warrant the effort. Also, I'm sure Activision doesn't want to sour the taste for the 007 series of games for it's most prospective buyers - the people who are devout Bond fans to begin with that play the wii version! Think about it... We are not only Ninty fans, but 007 Ninty fans. They couldn't ask for a better group to sell their new 007 Legends game to. Pissing us off by killing our current favorite game is just bad for business. Even though the Wii U is coming out now, plenty of folks will still be getting discounted "plain old regular wii's" for Christmas and "plain old regular wii goldeneye" along with it. Obviously, the "new infusion" of players won't be as many as last year, but I believe it will still be enough to keep things fresh.

2) Quality: Yes, some members of the community will move on. &.Minny is a good example of a great player who just "posted his retirement" online because he's moving on to 007 Legends. It's gonna happen. However, I believe Wii Goldeneye 007 will still have a strong following for a long while to come, as great games will always be able to stand on their own. Sure... We have host quits, hackers, spammers, glitches, connection issues...the list goes on. But despite all that, a VERY devoted following came up in the 007 game because first and foremost, it was AND STILL IS a great, playable game! As long as games are fun and inexpensive, they will always be popular. What happened during this fiasco proves it. Look how many people dusted off their old Mario Kart and Tetris games when GE went down. I know a bunch of people that even dug out their old N64's to play on (and some that did even before this)!

Bottom line
: 007 Wii Goldeneye isn't going anywhere. It's just on a short break. And - there will always be players who aren't thrilled with 007 Legends who will come back to what they "know and love." Don't worry 007 Wii Warriors, life isn't over yet! :thumbsup:

UPDATE from Datagram
11/3 12:12(EST) Generator is still running, we are very slowly turning up equipment. We want to see some stability before we bring on major load. Working with Verizon Business to get them restored as well. Building elevators have some damage as they were underwater. Pump work continues on main floor.

-----

It looks like they're going to use the mobile generator to power up the servers and keep them going until primary power is restored. No way they're waiting until Nov. 11 to get their customers back online.

I bet they're back up today or tomorrow.

-----

holy...
i just read the part about most costumers back by nov.11.
That is one more week.
I hope Activision part is restored sooner.

I'm gonna be mad if this ends up destroying the goldeneye wii community though.
I mean, this could not have happened at a worst time.
I mean aside from the new shooter games just released/abou to be released on other platforms then the nintendo,
the wii U is launching on the 18th. Meaning a certain amount i bound to switch.

I am of a mind that in the coming months the community was gonna drop, so i wanted to have a few good last weeks...
Then again, perhaps it will last longer then my pessimistic mind believes.

I've been very irritated the past few days that I haven't been able to play Goldeneye. Then I see a story on the news about a woman who had her 2 and 4 year old sons ripped from her arms as they tried to escape the flood waters. They found the boys bodies the next day. I no longer feel irritated. I just feel like an a**hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back