Game servers down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind you, at least in Bond you don't have to deal with airstrikes and other annoyances. That part of CoD seems idiotic.

I'm glad there aren't airstrikes in Bond! Could you imagine what the hackers would do to people if they could get their hands on an attack chopper or stealth bomber?!?! If you think the full-auto noob tube is annoying...

Why would the multiplayer not be working in the UK? They're servers are located in New York too? I guess I don't know enough about this kind stuff.

^ Though all this doesn't affect me, I'm also curious 'bout that. ... If all the servers are on a single continent, that can't be good for foreign gamers' experiences neither.

Exactly.
I have just watched a few CoD movies, and people seem to drop with 2 bullets.
Whereas in the legends 007 movies, you still need to pour in multiple bullets.
On that alone legends gets the nod for me.
It is therefore extra saddening, that the maps on CoD seems to hold the edge.
Mind you, at least in Bond you don't have to deal with airstrikes and other annoyances.
That part of CoD seems idiotic.

Aye, CoD is terribly fast-paced with said incredibly potent weaponry. However, the only guns that two-shot are shotties at incredibly close range, snipers (which are also one-shot kills on certain areas of the body depending on which sniper you're usin') and explosives (all of which have a one-shot kill zone). Two headshots from the more powerful full-auto/burst fire weapons will result in a kill as well. Otherwise, pretty much everythin' is a three to four shot kill. Five shot kills are unheard of 'less you're usin' a bloody weak SMG at long-range.

It's for this reason I ain't a fan of CoD. It's not skill that's involved in 3/4 of the firefights, it's whoever shoots first. If both players shoot at the same time, it usually comes down to the weapon match ups and at what range. It's all 'bout positioning, which is boring... And I ain't gonna get started on killstreaks, lord no. Ruins Free For Alls, and ruins team modes since so few people are team players and pack a Stinger as their secondary.

They dont work in Australia either, its now 12:27 in Sydney with no luck, only getting Authenticating...
i have been pondering this though for a few days now, what if there were several servers around the world but as time has gone on the amount of people playing GE online has reduced over time they have slowly pulled them ofline until the last one was left, it would probably explain why i come across the same bunch of players, just a thought

While they are there fixing the servers, can they upload more maps to play on like in single player mode, and get rid of the sewer map.

Updates were being posted on the Datagram website (www.datagram.com) but now something has changed. 5 minutes ago there was a message about them being back up and running but needed to setup their backup systems and rebuild.

Now a new webpage is being displayed. Just checked and still getting the Authenticating... message on GE.

The only thing I can say is that it does look like they continue to make progress and do have power back. The question is, is what do they need to get the Activision servers back online. Could be 5 minutes or 24 hours from now.

I recommend you follow the Activision and Datagram Twitter feeds for the lastest:

Activision Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist
Datagram Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DatagramNYC

Does anyone have a good idea of when servers will be back up and running?

Methinks a game network is a low priority for Datagram though.

wow, wow, wow
last tweet said wii servers back operational for BlackOps.
checking Goldeneye out now (--> still no luck)

Still with BlackOps back up, Goldeneye shouldn't take too long.

Last edited:
We'll probably be online withing a couple of hours!
Somewhat strange that Activision has had no back-up servers btw....

Status?

I noticed Datagram has their homepage back to normal and are no longer updating the status of their repairs. As of now it seems that there is still an issue logging in to GE(at least for me). Has anyone else had any luck logging on?

I'm thinking it is now up o activision.
they started with their most popular series (CoD), and they will probably follow up with other bigger titles like Legends, before repairing goldeneye servers.
At least that is what i believe.

Has any1 send activision a mail asking wether they have an estimate to when goldeneye wii will be back up or not?

I found this list of game servers they need to work on:
http://oneofswords.com/2012/10/cod-gh-servers-disrupted-by-hurricane-sandy/

Last edited:
Called Activision but their call center for games like GE are not open right now. They probably wouldn't have specific info on when the GE server will be back up anyway. Makes sense that COD would be a priority and GE is up next soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back