Game shop staff

madbeanman

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Hey I was wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with game shop staff.

This got me so mad I had to post it. I was in a game shop in today where a youngish staff member was talking to a middle aged women at the wii section. The woman was interested in getting a wii. This is how the convesation went (from the time I heard it)

Staff (with Big Brain Academy): If you get this you will need two remotes to play it.
Customer (pointing to image of Wii sports as part of a Sports pack with raquet golf peripherals and Wii conole): What about this Sports game.
Staff: I think you can play that with one remote
Customer : They are expensive arent they?
Staff: Yeah they are. But if you get that you get these golf and tennis raquet things with it.
Customer: But you can play it without them
Staff: Em .. I dont know about that.(Giggles)

Then I left the store annoyed

by game shop you mean GameStop right? because the only thing that piece of **** is does is fustrate and annoy people they should be shut down.

All of the employees at my local Gamestop are really nice. They know tons about games and I've always had positive comments about them.

I want this game.

Staff: If you buy three more games i'll give you an XBOX headset. And if you pay an extra 5 bucks you can bring it back in 7 days!
Me: No.
Staff: If you buy another game i'll give you this happy feet game for free.
Me: No. I want this game.
Staff: You can get 2 wii remotes for 60 dollars if you buy the ant bully game.
Me: I'm going to best buy.

They're already making a good 70 bucks on you and they want more.
Pain in the arse.

It wasnt Gamestop . Im in Ireland. The shop is called game.

to fire flower: Gamestop are always like that, its so funny.

Game is a store in Britain and Ireland, whereas GameStop is a completely different, American store.
Does that clear things up?
Game is full of noggins though haha

to americans, it is game, its uk based game store.

its my faveourite shop for games, and i was in 1 today and the guy was really nice, but this depends on who you talk to and what there interests are. fanboy game staff, are usually the most biased, and least educated, where as general gamers are really nice.

p.s there is link to the game website down right hand side of page, in pink writing

i normally shop at GameStation since GAME have ripped me off twie. GameStation have pretty good Special Offers aswell.

ohh they pissed me off royally, when i got my wii i got one of those wii points, i asked the dude could you play regular nes game with the wii mote or do you have to buy the classic controller
"you have to have the classic controller to play any of the vc games"
good thing i didnt have the money for it because when i went home and found out i could use my wii mote for the nes and the gamecube controller for basicaly every thing else i was pissed.

Note: this is just one account those stupid idiots didn't know what they were talking about.
Oh that reminds me about the psp headset
i go in to get a headset the day it was released gamestop guy says that doesn't exist, im like ok what ever. go to another gamestop he says the same thing, go around the corner to Ebgames and he says here you go would you like any thing else with that. How do they get jobs at game stores and not know any thing about what they are selling? Especially when they freakin own EBgames

i got an awesome deal at Toys 'R' Us the day after the DS came put since i can't skip school for a Games Console. I got a DS (MPH Demo...), Project Rub and Spiderman and saved £45.

Back