Game washing problem

shrek4wii

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
I washed a game wrongly, I put soap on it and then ran water over it and washed it and dried it with a hand towel. Would washing it right undo that?

What the hell did you do to it?

Yes and no. If you had left fibers on it, then yes. If you scratched it by using polyester, then no.

:wtf: The only safe way to clean a disk is with a DRY paper towel or DRY handcloth. soap? SOAP? SOAP?!?!???

edit- btw clean the disk rubbing from the center of the disk out straight towards the edge, not any other way.

just tell us wtf you did to the disk to mess it up - let me guess, soda pop?

Last edited:
shrek4wii said:
I washed a game wrongly, I put soap on it and then ran water over it and washed it and dried it with a hand towel. Would washing it right undo that?
You may as well have just thrown it in the washing machine and hung it out to dry :lol:

shrek4wii said:

Washing your games won't make them appear cleaner or brighter on TV. Next time, just try wiping the dust off your TV.

Anyway, if you're unsure of how to properly wash the games, just put them in with the rest of the laundry. I do them once a week..and remember...Mario prefers the Gain Mango Tango.

westearth said:
Washing your games won't make them appear cleaner or brighter on TV. Next time, just try wiping the dust off your TV.

Anyway, if you're unsure of how to properly wash the games, just put them in with the rest of the laundry. I do them once a week..and remember...Mario prefers the Gain Mango Tango.

haha people are gonna believe you and your gonna make lots of people quite upset when you were the cause of them breaking not only their favorite game, but their washing machine haha.

anyways, why did you need to clean it? and just breath on it and if you have glasses, use the whiper thing that comes with them to whipe off the disk, works great., please dont use soap.

Important notice

Games will not work when they are too cold. If you get a disk-read error, simply pop your game disk in the toaster for a few minutes. :yesnod:

Nobody can be that stupid!

skidmarx said:
:wtf: The only safe way to clean a disk is with a DRY paper towel or DRY handcloth. soap? SOAP? SOAP?!?!???

edit- btw clean the disk rubbing from the center of the disk out straight towards the edge, not any other way.

just tell us wtf you did to the disk to mess it up - let me guess, soda pop?
Actually, you're supposed to clean it with an extremely almost* dry cloth, wet it a bit but then ring it out so it only feels damp.

:lol: *laughs at topic starter* that's almost as my dads friend oiling his brakes.

shrek4wii said:

What exactly happened to the disc when you washed it? What happened to it that you are trying to undo?

CDs are just plastic (at least the exposed parts are plastic). As long as the soap or towel were not abrasive and didn't leave a film then it be ok still. I've received DVD movies from Netflix that looked like someone's dog burried it in the yard before they mailed it back. A little Windex and a soft paper towel cleans them up just fine. Drying them off is where you're most likely to scratch them, so be careful.

The way I clean my discs.

IF its just dust, then get a non-abbrasive dusting cloth from your local game store.

If something got on the surface then use a diluted soapy water solution, or if it very bad use a low percetage isopropyl alcohol. Air dry then use the dust cloth.

Back