Gameboy and Gameboy Color Games for the Virtual Console

Its coming to the DSi.

Source?

Recently Reggie said this wasn't something they had anything to announce yet for.

I'd love to see! And let me bring NES and Master System games over from my Wii(I believe SNES resolutions are too high for DSi)

i would love the old pokemon games. i was thinkin of picking up pokemon fire red for my ds but idk

A virtual console for the DSi with handheld games? That sounds friggin' sweet! I have never heard this prediction, and I own a DSi (I love it).

Nintendo, PLEASE release this in the States! I never got to finish the Oracle games!

It's not a prediction

Downloadable games yes.

I said Virtual Console games, implying games that are from previous consoles.

They're confirmed to be available. So it's not a prediction or rumor.

The newest Nintendo Power said nothing concerning Gameboy games coming to DSiWare.

Except for one editor, saying "I wish old Gameboy games would come to DSiWare."

The newest Nintendo Power said nothing concerning Gameboy games coming to DSiWare.

Except for one editor, saying "I wish old Gameboy games would come to DSiWare."
There's other ways to obtain information than Nintendo Power. And Nintendo Power doesn't have everything about everything.

There is NO Virtual handheld. There have been no 'confirmations' what so ever just wind up rumour stories so far.

In a recent (e3) interview Reggie said there are currently no plans for a Virtual handheld (Source: Kotaku)

I think it's highly unlikely Nintendo will start doing VH games on the DSi sadly, it doesn't seem like a feature they would introduce after release.

I'm still in total denial. I think they're just denying it for now so they can do things on their own time and perhaps announce the DSi VC later on. I dunno maybe the handheld market is harder to get the rights to 3rd party games than on the console? Maybe they want to roll some other things out and don't want to distract people with the thought of a VC. Kind of like sony will deny anything (even if its true) just to keep their own agenda on track.

I dunno, I'm just in hopeless denial. I still believe that the DSi VC is too great an opportunity for Nintendo to pass up and one day it will come to fruition.

Back