Gameboy on VC?

Dav_4550

WiiChat Member
Jun 30, 2006
The Blackhole
Wii Online Code
7190-3324-3845-8331
With the recent announcment of the Mastersystem and possibly Gamegear titles coming to the Wii (and the C64) do you think that Nintendo might take the time to put some Gameboy/GBC games on the VC?

I would like to see:
Zelda: Link's Awakening (My first game ever)
Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons
Metal Gear Solid, whatever the GBC release was
and some of the Wario games I though were fun

Possibly, I thought instead of that, Nintendo release a cable that connects your wii to your DS, then you download gameboy color games for your DS by transferring them from your Wii to your DS. The games would then be stored on the wii main menu.

that would be cool, but I would prefer if they did that, still have Wii compatability because I only have the Wii and don't necessarily have a reason to get a DS, the only time I have to game is at my house and I would rather play on bigger screens. That's just me though

It will happen. But before it can happen, Nintendo needs to launch Jaguar, Philips CDi... Crap what's left?

sagema said:
It will happen. But before it can happen, Nintendo needs to launch Jaguar, Philips CDi... Crap what's left?

Well let's see: you've got the 32X, the Mega CD, the Atari 2600, the Atari 7600, the PC-FX, the Neo Geo Pocket, the Game and Watch, the Amiga, the ColecoVision, the MSX, the Apple Pippin, the Intellivision, the TurboExpress, the SG-1000, the Coleco Telstar, the 3DO, and the Magnavox Odyssey left to go. :lol:

EDIT: Forgot the Atari Lynx and the Virtual Boy.

Last edited:
LOL it could take a while to see GB games on the VC but maybe the Wii could have a add-on like the gameboy player for the cube its early days still for the Wii

Fingers crossed aye :smilewinkgrin: :

XBL has a few rehashed Atari games. Don't forget Pac Man arcade. I know VC has Pac Man too, but those were NES, SNES based games. Anyways that means Microsoft has more control over old Atari than Nintendo. So for legal reasons they'll avoid it. Now with the Dreamcast they can emulate, or do what they are doing now, and relaunch DC games for the Wii AKA House of the Dead.

Links Awakening = one of the top Zelda games period.

Foosoo said:
Possibly, I thought instead of that, Nintendo release a cable that connects your wii to your DS, then you download gameboy color games for your DS by transferring them from your Wii to your DS. The games would then be stored on the wii main menu.

Do you own a DS?

It doesn't take GB or GBC carts in slot 2 .. .. .. they don't fit.

And why have a cable when they connect wirelessly already??

Hmm the Wii and the DS do connect wirelessly and i heard soon nintendo will put DS game demo up on the Wii shop channel to download to your DS.

Back