Gamecube Controller Converters on Wii

Mr_K

WiiChat Member
Jan 23, 2007
Gamecube Controller Converters on Wii??? Please Help

Hi,

I have a Wii and have just bought some GameCube games I always wanted to play but never had the system. I really don't like the GameCube controllers and since the Wii is backwards compatible I was wondering if anyone had tested one of these on the Wii Gamecube controller converter

I emailed the seller and he says that they wont work but i tend to think he may not have tested it and I really believe that it would since it has the same controller port as the Gamecube controllers.

If anyone has tested these please let me know, I have been searching for an answer for quite some time.

Thank-you

Last edited:
Thanks a heap!! I had a feeling that guy would be wrong

That's an absolutely ridiculous price though.

In store it's just £1 sterling for a PS2/GC controller converter. That was in Game Uk.

Must be able to get it cheaper though.

I'm in Australia so if anyone knows of a cheaper way then I'd definitly like to hear about it :)

Thanks for the quick replies to.

Thanks a heap guys.

That's definitly gona be cheaper than a GC controller and more to what I'm used to with the PSX controller :)

Game on!!!

No worries mate, I would get one also but im not allowed to order off ebay.
: (

I've only personally tested this converter GC Controller Converter and it works perfectly. Darkprinny was the one that told me that these converters would work.

Since the Wii has the same controller ports as the GameCube and is just an upgraded GC then my guess is that if it worked on the original GameCube then it will work on the Wii (aside from 3rd party memory cards as they seem to get stuck - many threads on here with that issue).

If it was me I'd give it a shot - doesn't look too expensive to just buy one and give it a try. I took a gamble with my Converter as well (u never really know until you test it yourself) and it cost me about $25AUS.

However if it doesn't work, I am sorry but it is just a guess.

Oh you know the one you tested

It's not the one where you have to like hold L2 and R2 really hard just to get the side L and side R working is it

I seen one where you really have to hold the button just to get it working

It works okay for the CG games so I tried mine on the virtual console. Mario Kart wouldn't work. No matter what I tried to steer with, he just kept going in circles.

Did you try to unplug and try again. When you turn on the GC or GC mode the controller is set to neutral. So if the analog stick is moved when you turn it on, the system thinks that it is going left/right when in middle.

The converter I use works stright off the bat - just gotta have analogue mode on of course and then everything is all cool - no funny stuff with L2 and R2.

Back