Gamecube Controller for SSBB, Good Idea?

Wiily Good said:
I realise that the Wiimote is not best for all types of games, but I am a strong believer that anything a tradition gamepad controller can do, a PC keyboard can do better. Therefore for me, its Wiimote or PC, Full Stop.
Hmm try playing something like Streetfighter 2 using a keyboard, it'd be pure hell.

I think it would be good if you could use either a Gamecube or Classic controller. Would be even better if it came bundled with a Classic too.

Skorp said:
I agree that they should bundle a classic or gamecube controller with it if it uses one or both. And you didn't read my post Belmont, the wiimote is definately not perfect for all situations. The critics would tear smash bro up for having dodgy controls if it used the wiimote.

i agree with you totally i was not arguing with you at all i was arguing with wiily good he seemed to need some convincing. sorry for the confusion

They're definitely not going to bundle a GC or Classic controller so keep dreaming on that one guys. I think its going to use all the controller methods. I personally will use the Wiimote unless it absolutely sucks which I honestly don't see happening although I'm sure the nice people at IGN and Joystiq will make up some crap about, "Wii controls not working well". Yes I know the Wiimote motion sensing isn't going to be great for EVERY single game and it might not even be good for this game. BUT I do the Wiimote can be tailored to all games since it has the basic button scheme necessary for a game in my opinion. Although it is lacking R right and R left I guess.

now thats just S T U P I D nintendo knows best . wii connect24 tells me when im hungry thersty happy sad, and sleepy.

yeah
i probably cant play the game for constant 20min
and my really tubby friends will be very disappointed

thats stupid to me. i think it should be like MK arrmageddon. you can play with the wiimote but you can also play with the GC controller. i dont see the point of a "new" game with old controls. im still going to buy it. but thats just messed up. what if i didnt have a GC controler? then i have to buy one just to play that game? kinda messed up. but hey they gotta make money some way.

i wouldnt like ssbb as much playing with the wiimote. I would rather play it th e gc controller ig u played melee u would kno what im talkin about. I just cant see this game using a wiimote

Last edited:
allright well since most people looking forward to brawl probably own melee, so they'll have GC controllers, as for the rest, don't be a bunch of cheepos, like madcatz ones cost like -5 dollars, anyways, what the hell are you guys thinking that want the classic controller, not enough buttons, and the wiimote isn't that bad,the buttons could be the same as melee a=a, b=b, and it would be good,(i'm thinking d-pad could be like the c buttons, and the cbutton on nuchuck could be l or r) in order this is the controler preference
1, gamecube-people are already experience
2.wiimote/nunchuck basically two halves of a gamecube controller in differnet hands
3. classic controller, it's CLASSIS which = not enough buttons

nuff said

Whats the point in bringing a game out for the Wii if you're not going to make use of the controller. A stupid idea not to include it. Plus I don't have ANY gamecube pads lol. They went when I traded in my gamecube 1 week before I got my Wii

Wii_Smurf said:
Whats the point in bringing a game out for the Wii if you're not going to make use of the controller. A stupid idea not to include it. Plus I don't have ANY gamecube pads lol. They went when I traded in my gamecube 1 week before I got my Wii

the point is too sell a good amount of copies of a fighting game, the wiimote isn't that good for fighting games, good enough i guess, but not the best, people will probably enjoy it more with a gamecube controller which will get more copies sold

The GC controller has A, B, Y, X, Z, L, R, C stick (4 buttons), and Joystick. A Wiimote/Nunchuk combo has A, B, 1, 2, Z, C (1 button), Joystick, and I guess we'll count at least one of the +,- .

We can live without the C stick, only useful in vs anyway. Y and X are dups. And Z can be done with the A button all day long. That leaves us with a necessary 5 buttons. So can the Wiimote/Nunchuk do it? Yes. But think about the way the Wii controls are setup. Trying to reach all the buttons comfortably would be a pain in the ass. Also since the controllers are two pieces you lose leverage and balance that you get from one solid controller. I think SSBB should have the option of utilizing the wiimote so all the softcore gamers will be happy. However, if you are a big fan or hardcore SSBM player I recommend buying a GC (not third party) controller asap.

Robertking1123 said:
thats stupid to me. i think it should be like MK arrmageddon. you can play with the wiimote but you can also play with the GC controller. i dont see the point of a "new" game with old controls. im still going to buy it. but thats just messed up. what if i didnt have a GC controler? then i have to buy one just to play that game? kinda messed up. but hey they gotta make money some way.

You can play GC controller on MK? YEEEESSSS! You see I have almost no faith in its control scheme. Fighting games are kinda awkward with the Wii Remote but I love them! So using GC is a cool idea except that I adapted quite quickly to DBZ by only pulling the remote and not nunchuck back for Kamehameha(makes it too easy! XD)........and thats......it. Everyone I know has so much trouble adapting so I pwn them fast! :ciappa: LOL no I tell my friends my trick. SSBB would be to confusing with the Wii remote. LOL, like bust a move! It can be with VC I'm guessing as well and someone must have one of the controllers to play Virtual Console.

P.S. I'm totally gonna try remote MK so don't flip out.

I think most games that are fighting/sports will be wiimote/gc/classic controller compatible which will be good, you can decide on which scheme you like best ^_^.

Back