Gamecube Controller Not Working ?

Spots80

WiiChat Member
Jan 15, 2010
I hope this is the right place for this. I've noticed lately that my gamecube controller doesn't work quite right on some gamecube games on the Wii. Specifically, Lord Of The Rings Two Towers and Lord Of The Rings Return Of The King. If I need the character to go forwards or backwards, I have to press forward or backwards really hard and often times at a slight angle before I get to straight forwards or straight backwards. Left and right seem to work just fine. But it's strange. As far as I can tell, the controller only works like this for these two games. It seems to work just fine for other gamecube games like Metroid Prime, Spiderman The Movie, and others. Any idea of what's wrong ?

sounds like a worn out joystick, odd that it only affects 2 games. suggestion - buy another controller.

I'm pretty sure it's just the two games. I've played most of my others and didn't notice it. I've been playing Metroid Prime, and I haven't noticed anything. Nor did I notice anything in Spiderman The Movie. I don't know. I probably will just get a new controller. I wish Nintendo would come out with a Wii native controller that has a button layout for gamecube games.

Yeah that's started happening to me too while playing Resident Evil 4. Must have gotten worn out. Good thing I had bought two.

Do the wireless gamecube controllers work with the Wii ?

Have you actually entered the game, as in clicked on the "Disc Channel" and clicked start? If not, you have to do that with the Wii remote, but, as long as the controller is plugged in, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Back