Gamecube controller won't work on wii..

deegan

WiiChat Member
Oct 29, 2007
My gamecube controller won't work on my wii. when I put Sonic mega collection or Fire Emblem in, and it asks me to create a memory card save, I can't press A. I can press start at the title screens, though.. wtf is wrong?

deegan said:
My gamecube controller won't work on my wii. when I put Sonic mega collection or Fire Emblem in, and it asks me to create a memory card save, I can't press A. I can press start at the title screens, though.. wtf is wrong?

Are you sure those gams are compatible with the gamecube controller?

Remember, not all VC games are compatible with every controller.

try putting it in socket 1 instead of socket 4.
this way you can control all menus.
Only first player can control menus such as saving and loading.

The controller and memory card are in socket 1. I don't understand why I can press start and use the d-pad but can't press A?

Is it a wireless controller? If it is, is both the controller and receiver on the same channel?

masonb15 said:
Is it a wireless controller? If it is, is both the controller and receiver on the same channel?

Good advice, plus is it a Nintendo branded controller or a 3rd party? I could've sworn I read of at least one person having an issue with the latter.

I've got a Wavebird in the frontmost controller port and it works perfect.

~DT

It's a real Nintendo black controller. First controller port. Start, analog and D pad work fine.

He is trying to play a GAMECUBE game on his Wii. Not a virtual console or Wii game.

Have you tried any other games or controllers?

deegan said:
The controller and memory card are in socket 1. I don't understand why I can press start and use the d-pad but can't press A?

not to sound insulting, but you do know that the first player socket on the wii is the far right socket, not far left like on the gamecube right?

Some people don't realize because those little black dots identifying the controller number are hard to see.

Clarke said:
He is trying to play a GAMECUBE game on his Wii. Not a virtual console or Wii game.

Have you tried any other games or controllers?

yes, I know what he's trying to do:crazy:

I had a similar problem that actually had to do with the memory card and not the controller. (If I remember correctly, but it was a long time ago)

I have a wavebird controller and a 3rd party mem card. For some reason the memory card didn't fit correctly into the Wii. I had to wedge it to one side with a folded piece of paper for it to work.

Back