gamecube controller

disturbed69

WiiChat Member
Oct 14, 2006
im looking at getting some gamecube controllers for my wii. are third party controllers as good as the origionals? i can pick them up alot cheaper and just wondering if there is any difference in them.
thanks

i don't play the Gamecube much(i do have one)...whats a wavebird?

Last edited:
a wavebird? notice how im going for the cheaper option. plus the wavebird is one of the ugliest things ive seen. its like holding a brick

wavebird is the gamecubes wireless controller, i thought it was the greatest wireless controller for the 4th generation

it is slightly heavier but it feels like something better

are there any wireless conrollers for the gc that arent as bulky as the wavebird?

i prefer a wired (normal) control made by nintendo. I bought 2 3rd party made ones and they both broke the first week, they are pieces of trash.

thanks laderer5 finaly someone knows how to answer a question :lol:

Ive got the madcatz one for gamecube for only 10$ and it works great

31205610-2-120-0.gif

disturbed69 said:
a wavebird? notice how im going for the cheaper option. plus the wavebird is one of the ugliest things ive seen. its like holding a brick

That's what I thought before I got one. It's actually a really sweet controller. Not cheap though.

Some madcatz controllers come in a reduced size--this could be a positive or a negative, depending on how big your hands are. Just something to watch out for--don't get the smaller ones unless that's what you're after.

wavebirds = 10$ more (usually)
You can buy gamecube controllers anywhere for 15-20$.
Madcats controllers are so horrifically bad i went through 2 in 1 week.
Trust me its worth more in the long-run, get 1 or 2 nintendo brand "wired" controllers.

Yeah, some third party controllers will work, but others will not. Be careful about which third party controller you purchase. Goodluck.

Hi dudes, someone knows if i can play VC games with a GC controller? Sorry but I hadn't GC and I wanna play some games from this console and Virtual Console too. Thanks!

Back