Gamecube controllers and the Wii

tom2010

WiiChat Member
Dec 13, 2007
Hi just a little help please

I have just received a Nintentdo Wii, and I also have a Gamecube with a couple of gamecube controllers, now I know you can apparently use these with your Wii but how does it work, do I need to buy an adapter or something as I cant see where or how you would plug them in to the Wii anywhere??

If you stand your Wii in the vertical position, the gamecube ports are at the top. You have to open the thin slits, one slit is for the gamecube controllers, the other is for the gamecube memory cards.

Kez,

Excellent! I see it now, cheers for your help, just another quick question for anyone, if you would advise on the best "group" game out there that I should get? Going to get something this saturday and have a Wii Sunday with the lads

The best party game is the one that comes with the Wii console itself. WiiSports!

Here's a list of other party games. (I haven't played all of them so recommendations from me would be limited) I'm sure other wiichatters will come soon enough and point you in the right direction.

Alan Hansen's Sports Challenge
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Boogie
Carnival Games
Cheggers' Party Quiz
Cranium Kabookii
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party
Dance Factory
Dancing with the Stars
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
EA Playground
Fashion Academy
Furu Furu Park
Game Party
Guitar Hero 3
Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour
High School Musical
Kitty Luv
Kororinpa
Mario Party 8
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged (?) - Not really a party game but a really good game that support multi-players.
Ninja Reflex
Pool Party
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Smartypants
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Telly Addicts
Ultimate Board Game Collection
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Who Wants to be a Millionaire
Wii Play

Last edited:
tom2010 said:
Kez,

Excellent! I see it now, cheers for your help, just another quick question for anyone, if you would advise on the best "group" game out there that I should get? Going to get something this saturday and have a Wii Sunday with the lads

Mario Party 8 or Guitar Hero 3 for a good party game.

good group game titles I would recommend:

WiiSports (applies if you didn't get it with your console)
Mario Party 8 (like a boardgame video game with minigames)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics (sports game with some more variety choices than Wiisports, although I would say WiiSports does its sports better)
WarioWare: Smooth Moves (mini games)

Best party game is Wii Sports.

Other good party titles though are:
Guitar Hero 3 (even though you will have to send the disk away in 2008 for a stereo fixed version)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (not Rabbids 2)
Warioware: Smooth Moves
Mario Party 8

kez said:
The best party game is the one that comes with the Wii console itself. WiiSports!

Here's a list of other party games. (I haven't played all of them so recommendations from me would be limited) I'm sure other wiichatters will come soon enough and point you in the right direction.

Alan Hansen's Sports Challenge
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Boogie
Carnival Games
Cheggers' Party Quiz
Cranium Kabookii
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party
Dance Factory
Dancing with the Stars
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
EA Playground
Fashion Academy
Furu Furu Park
Game Party
Guitar Hero 3
Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour
High School Musical
Kitty Luv
Kororinpa
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged (?) - Not really a party game but a really good game that support multi-players.
Ninja Reflex
Pool Party
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Smartypants
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Telly Addicts
Ultimate Board Game Collection
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Who Wants to be a Millionaire
Wii Play

You have been repped for taking your time and gathering all these party games :D

i'm sure tons of people didn't read their manual. why would you want to read your manual when you actually have something fun in front of you. wii > reading a manual. =P

cassieboo said:
i'm sure tons of people didn't read their manual. why would you want to read your manual when you actually have something fun in front of you. wii > reading a manual. =P

I can understand that. But when you do end up having a question about the system, shouldn't the manual be the first place you turn? It has instant answers, you don't have to go to a website, type in your question, and then wait for someone to respond and hope that the response is correct.

Back