Gamecube game Phantasy Star not working?

the$#!Za.

WiiChat Member
Jan 17, 2008
Hi all.

I tried some of my friends Gamecube games and for some reason the game Phantasy Star doesn't work properly, or I'm missing something. I had a Gamecube controller plugged in, it loads the game but goes to the screen where I'm supposed to use the "C" control stick to scroll down, but it just won't read any buttons at all, only up and down movement. The controllers were working fine with other Gamecube games.

Anyone else tried Gamecube Phantasy Star on their Wii ??

Thanks,
the$#!Za.

the$#!Za. said:
Hi all.

I tried some of my friends Gamecube games and for some reason the game Phantasy Star doesn't work properly, or I'm missing something. I had a Gamecube controller plugged in, it loads the game but goes to the screen where I'm supposed to use the "C" control stick to scroll down, but it just won't read any buttons at all, only up and down movement. The controllers were working fine with other Gamecube games.

Anyone else tried Gamecube Phantasy Star on their Wii ??

Thanks,
the$#!Za.
Not sure what's wrong, but you probably can't play Phantasy Star online when it's on the Wii. Only when you play it on the GC

no it did work on the Wii,
but they cancelled online service for all 3 of the phantasy star games on the GC, i played them for a while on the wii when i first got it but i think it was september 2007 they ended service. I think the saem is true for the dreamcast,PC, and xbox versions of the games.

SEGA dropped online support for these games, weather someone will pick it back up for a fee in the future is still up in the air...

Pso

That's really a bummer I was thinking about getting them again...

The PSO I & II was pretty cool, an action online rpg but you had to have the dialup modem for the GCN and pay 15.00 per month and there weren't too many people who played that game online...

I had the PSO III C.A.R.D too and it was killer online I stopped playing those games when my parents overdrew my credit card I've been in debt ever since..

I wonder how many other GCN games don't work with the Wii...

well phantasy star is the only online games for the GameCube there were 3 of them total..

the other games that you can try online is the broadband games like MKDD,1080 avalance,kirbys air ride... where you hook them together using lan adapters on the GC and a tunnling software online... but you have to schedual lan partys you cant just hop online and play them...

Ahh ok thanks for the info guys, CONFIRMED that Gamecube's Phanatsy Star Online don't work on the Wii, or as wezeles confirmed it "used to" work until the online service was cancelled. I had every Nintendo System except for the Gamecube which is why I don't know much about it.

Out of curiousity, was Phantasy Star Online "only" for online play as in no such thing as playing without the internet/LAN ??

Cheers,
Ash.

hmm? no way..
Sega released an annoucement months ago that they were discontinuing service. It didnt work for a while, i havent bothered playing since then...

maybe they had enough outcry from fans to keep it going...
It never was super popular on GC but i liked it, ill have to try it again havent touched it since it shut down... Ill have to look into it

Wii-Fi said:
PSO works offline for me, they shut down their servers a while ago.

oh i thought you were talking the online part of it... didnt think i was crazy..lol ya it was back in september or something they killed it... sucks

Pso

OK I don't get it. I mean I know the ONLINE don't work anymore but shouldn't I be able to play OFFLINE ?? Please keep in mind, I hate this game, it's just the curiousity that's killing me.

I had a GC controller plugged in, a memory card plugged in, and I couldn't get past that main screen. I'm supposed to use the "C" control stick to scroll down, but it just won't read any buttons at all, only up and down movement. I've tried every single button, wtf is the go ?? The very same GC controllers were working on other GC games I threw into my Wii, so I really don't get it.

So I'll ask again. Is your GameCube game "Phantasy Star 1 & 2 Online" working in any way at all on the Wii ?? When I say "working" I mean can you get past that main screen in the beginning, and start actually playing the game (online OR offline) ??

You're all confusing me because some are saying yes and some are saying no.

Thanks ??
the$#!Za.

of course it stil works without online!

the game is just kinda pointless in my mind unless it has online, i did hear that there were a few 3rd party servers poping up for the games, havent looked into it yet, honestly dont care that much about it.

Stop worrying about the stupid c stick. That's just to read the online agreement. Just select agree with the analog stick and press "A".

I can't believe that's what your whole "problem" was. And also you need like 24 blocks on your memory card.

Back